Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone, im new into this hobby and i want to ask something thats bothering me. A few days ago i catched some queen ants and today i notice that almost all of them are dead . I notice that in the test tubes were some kind of worm or parasite i dont realy know what it is. I forgot to take photos of that "thing" cause i cleaned the test tubes right after i saw that. And im courious if you guys had this problem before, because its kinda descouraging seeng them dying .i have 1 more queen with about 3 eggs, i hope she will be allright.
sometimes this just happens. Some kinds of queens are more susceptible to parasites than others.
no most likely its just that a type of fly is really annoying. in all my 1 year of ant keeping i have only had one queen die of a parasite that i know of.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest