Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Where and when are you finding queen ants? A section to share nuptial flight schedules by ant species and locality

Moderator: ooper01

AntsIkhlef
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am
Location: Stockholm

Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40079Post AntsIkhlef
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi Everybody! I thought I might make a little topic for us European (and continental Eurasia if you would like) ant lovers & keepers!

Even tho it is well into nuptial flight season I thought it might be a good idea to have a chating area!

Personaly I uave found 3 queens thought to be Pheidole Or Tetramorium here in south France on the 2nd of July!

(Altought no Queens in sight :P )
Beginner here!
I am new to this and I have just founded my first colonies! :geek:

Keeper of:

2x Lasius niger
1x Lasius neglectus/i]

🐜❤️4ever

AntsIkhlef
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40189Post AntsIkhlef
Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:24 am

AntsIkhlef wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:52 pm
Hi Everybody! I thought I might make a little topic for us European (and continental Eurasia if you would like) ant lovers & keepers!

Even tho it is well into nuptial flight season I thought it might be a good idea to have a chating area!

Personaly I uave found 3 queens thought to be Pheidole Or Tetramorium here in south France on the 2nd of July!

(Altought no Queens in sight :P )
Workers*
Beginner here!
I am new to this and I have just founded my first colonies! :geek:

Keeper of:

2x Lasius niger
1x Lasius neglectus/i]

🐜❤️4ever

Hunter36o
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:57 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40427Post Hunter36o
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:15 am

Lasius and Tetramorium started to have there flights in Ireland over the weekend. Only started yesterday in my actual area. Still hunting for tetramorium queens but I have 8 Niger queens from yesterday alone.
Happy hunting guys!!
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

AntsIkhlef
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40434Post AntsIkhlef
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:30 am

Hunter36o wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:15 am
Lasius and Tetramorium started to have there flights in Ireland over the weekend. Only started yesterday in my actual area. Still hunting for tetramorium queens but I have 8 Niger queens from yesterday alone.
Happy hunting guys!!
Oh dang... Well done!

I had to release my 3 Pheidole queens when I realized it was useless to keep them as they don’t exist in my real home country!
But I will go on a hunt for Formica fusca as they will probably have their nuptial flight when I come home here in Sweden!
Beginner here!
I am new to this and I have just founded my first colonies! :geek:

Keeper of:

2x Lasius niger
1x Lasius neglectus/i]

🐜❤️4ever

Hunter36o
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:57 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40435Post Hunter36o
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:38 am

Ha no way! I am a kichen designer and I am literally working on a MCD kitchen for Sweden!!
Ha what were the odds lol. That is cool. I am honestly unsure if there are Formica in Ireland. I only ever see Lasius nigers and tetramorium caespitum in my village.
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

AntsIkhlef
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40442Post AntsIkhlef
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 am

Hunter36o wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:38 am
Ha no way! I am a kichen designer and I am literally working on a MCD kitchen for Sweden!!
Ha what were the odds lol. That is cool. I am honestly unsure if there are Formica in Ireland. I only ever see Lasius nigers and tetramorium caespitum in my village.
Oh sup!
I have chosen Formica Fusca as they don’t grow to enormous numbers and are easy to control!

Where in Ireland do you live ?
Beginner here!
I am new to this and I have just founded my first colonies! :geek:

Keeper of:

2x Lasius niger
1x Lasius neglectus/i]

🐜❤️4ever

Hunter36o
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:57 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40448Post Hunter36o
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:47 am

AntsIkhlef wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 am
Hunter36o wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:38 am
Ha no way! I am a kichen designer and I am literally working on a MCD kitchen for Sweden!!
Ha what were the odds lol. That is cool. I am honestly unsure if there are Formica in Ireland. I only ever see Lasius nigers and tetramorium caespitum in my village.
Oh sup!
I have chosen Formica Fusca as they don’t grow to enormous numbers and are easy to control!

Where in Ireland do you live ?
I live here in Dublin Ireland. But more so on the edge before kildare.
I just spotted a myrica rubra colony when looking for tetramoriums. I am sooo excited! I just hope someone can give me a good idea of when it is the best time of day to look for these guys. According to the wiki they should start to have their flights in about a week or two :)
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

AntsIkhlef
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40450Post AntsIkhlef
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:56 am

Hunter36o wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:47 am
AntsIkhlef wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 am
Hunter36o wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:38 am
Ha no way! I am a kichen designer and I am literally working on a MCD kitchen for Sweden!!
Ha what were the odds lol. That is cool. I am honestly unsure if there are Formica in Ireland. I only ever see Lasius nigers and tetramorium caespitum in my village.
Oh sup!
I have chosen Formica Fusca as they don’t grow to enormous numbers and are easy to control!

Where in Ireland do you live ?
I live here in Dublin Ireland. But more so on the edge before kildare.
I just spotted a myrica rubra colony when looking for tetramoriums. I am sooo excited! I just hope someone can give me a good idea of when it is the best time of day to look for these guys. According to the wiki they should start to have their flights in about a week or two :)
Myrmica rubra is sick!
Beginner here!
I am new to this and I have just founded my first colonies! :geek:

Keeper of:

2x Lasius niger
1x Lasius neglectus/i]

🐜❤️4ever

Hunter36o
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:57 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40454Post Hunter36o
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:09 am

I agree!! Sorry I only stop quoting when it is just adding scrolling to the page haha.
I can try keep ya up to date if you.llike? I think I can even add friends on this forum? Not sure will have to double check.
Research is important before during and even after you have established a colony. There is always time to learn and to listen to others experiences. Live by this and your ants will thrive. Fail to do so and your experience may be brief.

AntsIkhlef
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Nuptial Flights Europe (Eurasia)

Post: # 40485Post AntsIkhlef
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Hunter36o wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:09 am
I agree!! Sorry I only stop quoting when it is just adding scrolling to the page haha.
I can try keep ya up to date if you.llike? I think I can even add friends on this forum? Not sure will have to double check.
Oh sure man i will gladly do that!
Plus I believe that Myrmica rubra is certainly in my wish list for the future!
Beginner here!
I am new to this and I have just founded my first colonies! :geek:

Keeper of:

2x Lasius niger
1x Lasius neglectus/i]

🐜❤️4ever

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest