GAN Project Sign Up Issues

Learn how to obtain ant colonies for your formicariums or sell your ant colonies locally in a legal and ecologically-friendly manner through the GAN Project.

Moderator: ooper01

Zebesian

GAN Project Sign Up Issues

Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi all, just writing because I have some concerns and I'm hoping some of you have gone through the GAN Project process before.

I have a bunch of Tetramorium queens I was hoping to sell off, I emailed a month ago while they were still tending brood with all the info hoping I could get pre-registered so that I could quickly get them listed when however many of them were fertilized had workers. I asked if this was possible but the question pretty much got ignored and I was asked to submit my information like normal, so I did. I got an email back basically saying something like, "Thank you for your interest in joining the GAN project, we're looking forward to working with you soon" but then never heard anything back after that. I assumed that was just a soft-decline because none of my queens had workers, though I wish they would have just directly answered me when I asked in the first place then.

Well, now literally all of my tetramorium queens have workers so I hit the GAN Project back up asking if I had to restart the application or if I was good with my previous submission credentials. That question was also ignored and I was asked once again to submit my colony information, which I did again. I then got another similiar, "looking forward to blah blah" message and no further word. It's been days now and I've heard nothing back and at this point I'm just confused. Is it even a human replying or just an auto responder?

The worst part is there aren't even any other sellers in my area. I live in WA, in the Seattle area and there's only one other GAN Farmer who has no colonies listed. I've literally seen posts on here from frustrated ant lovers complaining about not finding queens (they were literally looking for tetramorium queens too) and wishing there was a GAN Farmer in WA. It's frustrating knowing there are people around here who want these ants but we're not getting hooked up. I only want to keep one colony myself and am not prepared to tend to all over them over the winter and it'd be a real shame to just let all of these back out into the wild when there are other people in this area looking to start a colony.

Just looking for some suggested next steps- or does the silence just mean I should give up on GAN and try to rehome them through FB/ Craigslist/ etc?

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: GAN Project Sign Up Issues

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Looking into this for you now...
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Zebesian

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Aww, thanks so much! :D

ooper01
Head Moderator

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:38 am

I emailed them about this issue. Did they get back to you?
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Zebesian

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:49 pm

They sure did, I'm in! Thank you, you're a lifesaver!