Slightly larger ant?

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

Ozmoose

Slightly larger ant?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:12 am

Ok. I have cause some ants from my garden. I know they are lasius niger. After I put them in a small ant farm I was watching them run around and discover everything and I noticed one of the ants wasn't the same size as the rest. It was about 1 or 2 millimetres bigger than the others. Can you pls tell me what this is. Or is it just a coincidence?

Ozmoose

Re: Slightly larger ant?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Ozmoose wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:12 am
Ok. I have cause some ants from my garden. I know they are lasius niger. After I put them in a small ant farm I was watching them run around and discover everything and I noticed one of the ants wasn't the same size as the rest. It was about 1 or 2 millimetres bigger than the others. Can you pls tell me what this is. Or is it just a coincidence?
It isn't as big as a queen though and has no wings so it isn't a male. Any help?

muhilanirudh

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:28 am

POST IMAGES FOR IDENTIFICATION

Ozmoose

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:30 am

Srry never mind it was just from a different nest that had lager ants