I need queen help

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

veraramonmonl13

I need queen help

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:27 am

Hi ,ant keepers ,i have camponotus queen that lost three workers and all her eggs and brood due to a bad test tube set up .will she ever lay eggs again ? If so when can i expect her her to do so ? I leave her undisturbed and she seems healthy and loves her protien and seems happy in her new set up .
Hey ant keepers , i have a camponotus colony that has lost all her 3 workees and eggs due to a bad test tube set up .will she ever lay more eggs ?will she make it?she seems healthy and loves her protien and seems comfortable in her new test tube set up

Hawkeye

Re: I need queen help

Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:09 am

Camponotus lay eggs in batches. While losing her nanitics and brood is a set back, she will start producing again. She probably will need to stock up on food again before she does though. Depending on where you live, she might prepare to go into 'hibernation' first though. In which case she likely won't produce eggs until February or March.

Feel free to join our Camponotus Crew thread if you'd like to exchange experiences, ideas or general ant stuff.