Mold in test tube.

Questions from those who are just starting or considering getting into the ant keeping hobby. If you’re intimidated or confused by the in-depth posts of the other sections of this forum, feel free to post here, and we'll start from square one!

Moderator: ooper01

Drifter

Mold in test tube.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:50 pm

My test tube has a little mold on the cotton that is holding the water, is this a big problem? And if so, should I move them? My queen has one worker with her, so does that mean they could move? Any help will be much appreciated

Drifter.
Caretaker of the Obsidian Imperium (Camponotus Pennsylvanicas).

Roshasaur

Re: Mold in test tube.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:58 pm

Drifter wrote:
My test tube has a little mold on the cotton that is holding the water, is this a big problem? And if so, should I move them? My queen has one worker with her, so does that mean they could move? Any help will be much appreciated

Drifter.
They should be fine but it will be a problem if it covers more than 3/4 of the test tube.

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Mold in test tube.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:11 pm

Drifter wrote:

Drifter.
Once it becomes difficult to see the white on the water cotton you should hook up a new tube. I recommend doing it now, but not forcing them to move.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…