My queen ant journal

Share your Ant Journals, Youtube Channels, and Blogs with the global ant community

Moderator: ooper01

User avatar
Antloverhuman
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 3:38 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93824Post Antloverhuman
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:12 pm

6-7 pupae and alot of larvaes
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Need more queens but mom won't allow it :cry:

SolenopsisKeeper
Posts: 1606
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:41 am
Location: United States, Florida

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93836Post SolenopsisKeeper
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:51 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:12 pm
6-7 pupae and alot of larvaes
That sounds like no pupae, but considering larvae it’s possible. My Camponotus that are slower growers have just under 10 workers, 8 pupae, eggs, and some mature larvae.

The only problem is my Camponotus Floridanus the workers use the first instar larvae as food sometimes…
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

User avatar
Antloverhuman
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 3:38 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93865Post Antloverhuman
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:09 am

23 june 2022
Ohhhh boy get ready for the next one,
JEFF 3
I saw a very young pupae with the same size of the other jeffs cocoons. There are already 60+ workers so its gonna be a tight squeeze in the nest during the hibernation (i still wont give them a new nest before the next year until they really struggle to fit in the nest)
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Need more queens but mom won't allow it :cry:

SolenopsisKeeper
Posts: 1606
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:41 am
Location: United States, Florida

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93870Post SolenopsisKeeper
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:36 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:09 am
23 june 2022
Ohhhh boy get ready for the next one,
JEFF 3
I saw a very young pupae with the same size of the other jeffs cocoons. There are already 60+ workers so its gonna be a tight squeeze in the nest during the hibernation (i still wont give them a new nest before the next year until they really struggle to fit in the nest)
Winter is honestly best time to make nest, as during winter months in America, many things go on sale. Not only that, but then you aren’t rushing to make a makeshift nest which ends up in escaping ants :lol:
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

User avatar
Antloverhuman
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 3:38 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93872Post Antloverhuman
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:01 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:36 am
Antloverhuman wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:09 am
23 june 2022
Ohhhh boy get ready for the next one,
JEFF 3
I saw a very young pupae with the same size of the other jeffs cocoons. There are already 60+ workers so its gonna be a tight squeeze in the nest during the hibernation (i still wont give them a new nest before the next year until they really struggle to fit in the nest)
Winter is honestly best time to make nest, as during winter months in America, many things go on sale. Not only that, but then you aren’t rushing to make a makeshift nest which ends up in escaping ants :lol:
silently: i didn't make a makeshift nest but my ants still almost escaped
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Need more queens but mom won't allow it :cry:

SolenopsisKeeper
Posts: 1606
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:41 am
Location: United States, Florida

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93876Post SolenopsisKeeper
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:51 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:01 pm
SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:36 am
Antloverhuman wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:09 am
23 june 2022
Ohhhh boy get ready for the next one,
JEFF 3
I saw a very young pupae with the same size of the other jeffs cocoons. There are already 60+ workers so its gonna be a tight squeeze in the nest during the hibernation (i still wont give them a new nest before the next year until they really struggle to fit in the nest)
Winter is honestly best time to make nest, as during winter months in America, many things go on sale. Not only that, but then you aren’t rushing to make a makeshift nest which ends up in escaping ants :lol:
silently: i didn't make a makeshift nest but my ants still almost escaped
Silently back: my ants escape out of test tubes that have no air circulation due to so much Cotten

True, some ants like Camponotus can be so annoying as they chew so much, but kind of their point.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

User avatar
Antloverhuman
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 3:38 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93882Post Antloverhuman
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:04 am

24 june 2022
Well they have mold in the nest now. I didn't see it before so it suddenly grew but i think that a few of those springtails will keep it down and o wont have to switch the nest
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Need more queens but mom won't allow it :cry:

SolenopsisKeeper
Posts: 1606
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:41 am
Location: United States, Florida

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93895Post SolenopsisKeeper
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:26 am

Antloverhuman wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:04 am
24 june 2022
Well they have mold in the nest now. I didn't see it before so it suddenly grew but i think that a few of those springtails will keep it down and o wont have to switch the nest
What I my suggest is having some loose substrate(I am not aware of the outworlds substrate so…) ants tends to cover mold with it, which drastically slows growth and allows the springtails to catch up.
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

User avatar
Antloverhuman
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 3:38 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93908Post Antloverhuman
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:47 pm

They are already doing it so I guess you are right. Right now the mold is covered up with cocopeat and i saw a couple springtails on there so i hope it doesn't spread more
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Need more queens but mom won't allow it :cry:

User avatar
Antloverhuman
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed May 19, 2021 3:38 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: My queen ant journal

Post: # 93945Post Antloverhuman
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:06 am

I will make the nest right now, as my brain has started to move over to saying "move them before they escape" because i am seeing some suspicious "tunnels" dug in the nest. I think they were there before i only now have noticed them. I also caught a silverfish which was chilling on the roof. Is it safe to feed it to them?
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Need more queens but mom won't allow it :cry:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest