Say I'm an idiot...

General Off Topic Chat and Discussions

Moderator: ooper01

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Say I'm an idiot...

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:30 am

I guess with grey line he means that it's a grey pipe which usually is the case. So for you I would then recommend asking for a plumber. Maybe Mario will pay you a visit. ;)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

cjerg9

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:08 am

My house is old too. Grey water pipes are the pipes that take what goes to your sink to the sewers usually that’s where the clog will build up and cause an issue but it can vary. Honestly I’d just get a plumber out because grease, mud/sludge are just the worst things for your pipes honestly.

Grey water is basically just water that has been mixed with other things. E.g from you laundry wash, sink and baths.

Alaydia

Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:35 am

You do not want to know how much it cost to get that mess cleaned out. Not to mention how deeply in the dog house I am with the spousal unit.

At least I can keep my colonies. Wow, was this dumb.
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes

Main interest is C. Pennsylvanicus, interested in most native ants to my area.

Alaydia

Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:37 am

Jager89 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:28 pm
AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:53 am
Depending on your sink, if you don't have the U bend sink but one with a catching bowl / thing, you may be able to just open it up and collect the bits. Otherwise I am sure that the grout will act like a filter and that if you wash down bits of rise and other food, that it gets stuck and clogs it more and more over time.
I dunno the regulations in other places but the province i live in you have to have a drain trap also called a u-bend, and lol i gotta ask Cjerg wtf is grey water lines? lol never heard of em before, my house was also built in the like 1940's lol and as far as i know my sinks drain goes right from the sink into the sewer line.
Yes, it was in the grease trap and made an ungodly mess. Good gravy I feel so stupid!
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes

Main interest is C. Pennsylvanicus, interested in most native ants to my area.