My queen

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

xiCyro

My queen

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:26 pm

I know its me again I will be posting a pic of her but I caught a queen about 4 or 5 days ago and all she does is sleep she's not active or lays eggs or anything she just sleeps what is she doing again I will be posting a pic soon I don't want to disturb her

AntsRule

Re: My queen

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:49 pm

xiCyro wrote:I know its me again I will be posting a pic of her but I caught a queen about 4 or 5 days ago and all she does is sleep she's not active or lays eggs or anything she just sleeps what is she doing again I will be posting a pic soon I don't want to disturb her
If she does not move at all she could be semi- clastural ( did not spell that right :lol: ) which means she needs to forage for food. She might be hungry. You could try giving her the tiniest drop of honey on a bit of foil. :D
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.

xiCyro

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:22 pm

So she's sleeping right now um she has a huge faster and medium sized wing muscles and won't accept the sugar what is she doing she just......sleeps

AntsRule

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:53 pm

xiCyro wrote:So she's sleeping right now um she has a huge faster and medium sized wing muscles and won't accept the sugar what is she doing she just......sleeps

Is she in an air conditioned room?

Keeper of:
Pheidole sp.

xiCyro

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Yes its kinda coldish warmish so I put her in my garage its hot in there will that help?

AntsRule

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:01 pm

xiCyro wrote:Yes its kinda coldish warmish so I put her in my garage its hot in there will that help?
It might.. as long as it is only a few degrees warmer than 72(room temp). This things can happen in ant keeping, I hope you caught more than just one queen because about 4 in 10 turn out to be infertile or die for some reason. It is how it goes. Good luck! :)

Keeper of:
Pheidole sp.

xiCyro

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:53 am

I need help I can't buy any testubes I'm a child 12 what are some TT alternatives for the setup

AntsRule

Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:06 pm

xiCyro wrote:I need help I can't buy any testubes I'm a child 12 what are some TT alternatives for the setup
Go to a florist and ask for some water picks, they are little test tubes that can be filled with water to put on the stems of flowers. :D

Keeper of:
Pheidole sp.