Mini Hearth

Show us your formicariums and ant setup, ask formicarium-related questions, or share your experiences with building an ant home. Here you will also find formicarium requirements for specific ant species.

Moderator: ooper01

JustABitAntsy

Mini Hearth

Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:48 pm

(Just before I begin I want to say I am not meaning this to get people to buy products of a rival company)
So I saw a mini hearth by tarheel ants and I wanted to know if it will work for ants no matter the kind, and that it is a good formicarium/outworld for when I get my first ant colony?
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:
Join the Forelius Clan https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15975

LasiusSapien

Re: Mini Hearth

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:11 pm

JustABitAntsy wrote:
(Just before I begin I want to say I am not meaning this to get people to buy products of a rival company)
So I saw a mini hearth by tarheel ants and I wanted to know if it will work for ants no matter the kind, and that it is a good formicarium/outworld for when I get my first ant colony?
they are some lovely setups they have a youtube channel i think but from what i've seen i'd buy one if it wasn't for the fact i'm on the opposite side of the pond so to say
1x Lasius Niger - early forging stage - 60-100 workers
1x Messor Barbarus - founding stage - <20 workers
1x Camponotus Turkestanus - claustral stage - 1 nanitic + brood
1x Odontoponera Transversa - semi-claustral stage - no eggs

JustABitAntsy

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:24 pm

LasiusSapien wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:11 pm
JustABitAntsy wrote:
they are some lovely setups they have a youtube channel i think but from what i've seen i'd buy one if it wasn't for the fact i'm on the opposite side of the pond so to say
what do you mean opposite side of the pond?
New antkeeper in Virginia currently doesn’t have a colony plan to start next Spring :lol:

LasiusSapien

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:49 pm

JustABitAntsy wrote:
yeah you know the Atlantic Ocean :lol:

JustABitAntsy

Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:04 pm

LasiusSapien wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:49 pm
JustABitAntsy wrote:
yeah you know the Atlantic Ocean :lol:
oh haha :lol: I feel really stupid now lol also do you think it is good for all types of species? though I am hoping to at next nuptial flight catch a campanotus, prenolipsis imparis, or a forelius ( I would say a lasius, but I haven't researched those nor have I seen many in my area I don't think)

LasiusSapien

Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:09 pm

JustABitAntsy wrote:

oh haha :lol: I feel really stupid now lol also do you think it is good for all types of species? though I am hoping to at next nuptial flight catch a campanotus, prenolipsis imparis, or a forelius ( I would say a lasius, but I haven't researched those nor have I seen many in my area I don't think)

the mini hearth(type iii) is for all species and sizes if you go through there products you'll fine they usually put in the description what types of ants there intended for

JustABitAntsy

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:12 pm

LasiusSapien wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:09 pm
JustABitAntsy wrote:

the mini hearth(type iii) is for all species and sizes if you go through there products you'll fine they usually put in the description what types of ants there intended for
alright thanks!