Nanatic Loyalty

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntChuck

Nanatic Loyalty

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:16 pm

I made the decision to remove the queen of one of my last remaining single queen set ups. She had two mature nanatics a good bit of brood too... she was the one who stole the eggs of other queens in my multi queen circle of death set up. Well I wasn't entirely sure what would happen to the two nanatics once the queen was removed... I connected their tube to my primary single queen set up that has been the beneficiary of many other broods through the same process. Previously I had introduced a brood with a young nanatic which they promptly accepted as their own. This time it was two mature nanatics and a large amount of brood... seems nanatics in the tetramorium immigrans have little to no loyalty lol.
Keeper of:
1 x Lasius Flavus
1 x Aphaenogaster Fulva
1 x Tetramorium Immigrans
1 x Prenolepsis Imparis

antnest8

Re: Nanatic Loyalty

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:55 pm

Weird i have known tetremorium immgrans to be one of the most loyal species. Everything i know is wrong i guess. :lol:
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

AntChuck

Re: Nanatic Loyalty

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:58 pm

antnest8 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:55 pm
Weird i have known tetremorium immgrans to be one of the most loyal species. Everything i know is wrong i guess. :lol:
It may be just because they are nanatics and hard wired to avoid conflict so they can survive. Fully grown workers would definetely attack regardless of their situation.
Keeper of:
1 x Lasius Flavus
1 x Aphaenogaster Fulva
1 x Tetramorium Immigrans
1 x Prenolepsis Imparis