Lasius cliviger

Make your suggestions here.
Healthylolfun

Lasius cliviger

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:37 am

I want a lasius cliviger colony because they are in neptual flight but want tips cause the last thing i want is to dig up founding chambers. I am very new to ant keeping and this would be my first queen hunt. Slso starting tips and testtube substitutes around the average house.

AntsDakota

Re: Lasius cliviger

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:39 pm

Healthylolfun wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:37 am
I want a lasius cliviger colony because they are in neptual flight but want tips cause the last thing i want is to dig up founding chambers. I am very new to ant keeping and this would be my first queen hunt. Slso starting tips and testtube substitutes around the average house.
Lasius claviger are a parasitic species, meaning the queens invade another Lasius colony, kill their queen, and trick the workers into thinking she is their queen. Then she lays eggs and the host workers care for them to adulthood. The host workers eventually die out, leaving the Lasius claviger workers behind, and a Lasius claviger colony is born. This is not good beginner species.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Healthylolfun

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Ok i didn't know that.

JoeHostile1

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:55 am

As far as test tube substitute the next best thing are water picks/floral picks that you can buy from flower shops.
Keeping:
Tetramorium immigrans * Lasius Neoniger * Lasius Claviger * Messor Aciculatus * Myrmica Rubra * Camponotus Novaeboracensis * Camponotus Turkastanus * Pheidole Pallidula

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSfFtn6RegZ3F1NdS1g08NA