Help Needed For Carebara diversa Care

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Help Needed For Carebara diversa Care

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 am

Greetings ACAF,

I am posting to reach out to anyone who has experience with Carebara diversa. They are notoriously difficult to keep and sadly as some of you may know, I lost a colony in the past.

If I were willing to try again, is there anyone out there who has managed to keep them over a long term, e.g. over a year? If so, please email me as I have some questions.

mikey@AntsCanada.com

Thank you! Ant love forever!
Ant Love Forever.

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Help Needed For Carebara diversa Care

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 am

You've got mails Mikey. :D
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

JustCliff

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 am

Just read a little about these, sounds like they have an interesting hunting/foraging technique in the wild! Would it even be capable to have an out-world that allowed for their "trunk trails"?

Hope you find the info you need so you have the confidence to keep these again, I'd like to see one of those new 4k videos of them down the road. :lol: :geek:
Keeper of:
Temnothorax curvispinosus x2
Camponotus nearcticus
Brachymyrmex depilis
Pogonomyrmex occidentalis

Founding:
Camponotus pennsylvanicus
Camponotus herculeanus

AntsLuxembourg

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:52 am

I gave him all the informations of a german antstore who got them in their cataloge but I also had to translate it for him.It should give him a lot of informations but sadly I haven't recieved an answer yet. :/

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

carebaradivesa

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:11 am

I've successfully kept Carebara Diversa and other subspecies of Carebara for many years. They are prolific and actually very easy to care for once you understand their requirements & weaknesses.

My main colony is in the hundreds of thousands (ir not, millions) and has produced thousands of alates- I have alates flying every other night. I have also given away many founding queens and colonies to the local community in Singapore.

My experiences are recorded in my blog: https://www.carebaradivesa.com. I hope it is a useful aid to those wanting to keep this amazing species.

AntsLuxembourg

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:36 am

Wow having someone here with a whole blog about this species is quite helpful. I think that AntsCanada now will have all the informations he need. At least if he checks his forum regularly. :P

JustCliff

Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:00 am

Only briefly looked at your blog, it's impressive :lol:
Keeper of:
Temnothorax curvispinosus x2
Camponotus nearcticus
Brachymyrmex depilis
Pogonomyrmex occidentalis

Founding:
Camponotus pennsylvanicus
Camponotus herculeanus

AntsDakota

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:07 pm

AntsCanada wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:54 am
Greetings ACAF,

I am posting to reach out to anyone who has experience with Carebara diversa. They are notoriously difficult to keep and sadly as some of you may know, I lost a colony in the past.

If I were willing to try again, is there anyone out there who has managed to keep them over a long term, e.g. over a year? If so, please email me as I have some questions.

mikey@AntsCanada.com

Thank you! Ant love forever!
So does this mean that the Titans are coming back too? :)
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntsDakota

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 pm

carebaradivesa wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:11 am
I've successfully kept Carebara Diversa and other subspecies of Carebara for many years. They are prolific and actually very easy to care for once you understand their requirements & weaknesses.

My main colony is in the hundreds of thousands (ir not, millions) and has produced thousands of alates- I have alates flying every other night. I have also given away many founding queens and colonies to the local community in Singapore.

My experiences are recorded in my blog: https://www.carebaradivesa.com. I hope it is a useful aid to those wanting to keep this amazing species.
Cool website. I wish they lived in SD now. :(
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25