When will test tubes become available?

A discussion on AC ant keeping equipment and accessories

Moderator: ooper01

TeenTech

When will test tubes become available?

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Harvester ants nuptial flights are soon and I'm hoping to get a queen and I'm hoping to have AntsCanada's test tubes by then but it takes a little time to deliver and they have been out of stock for a while. Does anyone know when the test tubes will become available? I know the classic test tubes are available but I want to new one and it's pointless to buy the classic one and then buy the new ones when they become available.

AntOblivion

Re: When will test tubes become available?

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Dude AntsCanada is a great site but they love making things over price XD you have a better and more cheaper way to get test tubes by going to a learing express or a learning zone store or just ordering them off amazon it will take a lot less time to arrive to you that's what i'd recommend

AqdasHassaan

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 pm

I've even seen people using syringes as a test tube for their queen and surprisingly, it worked for them.

TeenTech

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:22 am

AntOblivion wrote:
Dude AntsCanada is a great site but they love making things over price XD you have a better and more cheaper way to get test tubes by going to a learing express or a learning zone store or just ordering them off amazon it will take a lot less time to arrive to you that's what i'd recommend
yeah but the AntsCanada test tubes are built to fit with the other pieces
also money isn't a problem

TeenTech

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 pm

"I know the classic test tubes are available but I want to new one and it's pointless to buy the classic one and then buy the new ones when they become available."

AntKing117

Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:36 am

TeenTech wrote:
AntOblivion wrote:
You can keep saying this until it is a problem, Trust me just go with lcm labs where you can buy like 25 17x150mm test tubes (AntsCanada size) for 10$ (which is waaay cheaper and smarter).

Jadeninja9

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:08 am

AntKing117 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:36 am
TeenTech wrote:
AntOblivion wrote:
You can keep saying this until it is a problem, Trust me just go with lcm labs where you can buy like 25 17x150mm test tubes (AntsCanada size) for 10$ (which is waaay cheaper and smarter).
When you buy those test tubes from the company and purchase the 17x150mm one, they legit instead send you 16x150mm. It's happened with me and another guy.
Keeper of:
1x Camponotus Hyatti
1x Lasius alienus colonies
1x Tetramorium immigrans

ooper01
Head Moderator

Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Our new custom-made test tubes should be available in about a week. They are in transit to our facility now. They are actually pretty darn nice! Much clearer than the classic ones, or the ones you can get on Amazon, and with a few cool features just for ant keepers. Plus they fit perfectly into the Test Tube Portals and come with adapters for connecting to the new Hybrid Nests and poly tubing.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator