Camponotus Pennsylvanicus pulling on cotton in test tube setup

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

Proverbs66

Re: Camponotus Pennsylvanicus pulling on cotton in test tube setup

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 pm

You don't have to worry my camponotus pennsylvannicus pulled at her cotton for weeks I had to change it twice I just stopped worrying and left her alone even though I was still worried she would dig her way through the cotton. She calmed down and started laying eggs it was relieving to see because I was considering letting her go so she's fine and also camponotus are notorious for pulling cotton so don't be surprised :lol:
Let us remember that even though ants are wonderful creatures, even more magnificent is their creator 😌

Cartil

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Proverbs66 wrote:
You don't have to worry my camponotus pennsylvannicus pulled at her cotton for weeks I had to change it twice I just stopped worrying and left her alone even though I was still worried she would dig her way through the cotton. She calmed down and started laying eggs it was relieving to see because I was considering letting her go so she's fine and also camponotus are notorious for pulling cotton so don't be surprised :lol:
Hahaha good to hear! :D I haven't checked on her for about 10 days now but last time I checked, she was still pulling on the cotton! haha

AntsOntario

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Cartil wrote:
Proverbs66 wrote:
Hahaha good to hear! :D I haven't checked on her for about 10 days now but last time I checked, she was still pulling on the cotton! haha
My queen wedged herself in between the cotton and the tube and I was so scared. She pushed herself through the entire thing and escaped into my closet. Thankfully I found her.
These queens can be really stressful haha.

Cartil

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:51 pm

AntsOntario wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 pm
Cartil wrote:
Proverbs66 wrote:
My queen wedged herself in between the cotton and the tube and I was so scared. She pushed herself through the entire thing and escaped into my closet. Thankfully I found her.
These queens can be really stressful haha.
It seems like it. I have two Camp. Pennsylvanicus and one Novaeboracensis and only one of the Penn. is so stressed though. The other two are just laying eggs peacefully it seems.