can you build an actual Garden in a formicarium Out world?

Temporary placeholder

Moderators: ooper01, Trusted User

Regnarg1

can you build an actual Garden in a formicarium Out world?

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:41 am

Hat I'm new and still lerning but can you build an actual Garden in a formicarium out world with real plants and everything or is this a bad idea? I'm just wondering though it was a cool idea :D

Carl75

Re: can you build an actual Garden in a formicarium Out world?

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:20 am

You can, but the ants may use the out world as the nest area because of the soils etc.

larynx

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:27 pm

i would try and make some thing kinda like said above. a kinda half live, half artificial setup. either way try and keep it simple. good luck. :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Regnarg1

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:29 pm

I was thinking more of like a marshy one with honeysuckle and sum other local plans that at produce high amounts of nectar but like the ground too moist for the ants to nest in and then having a second out world that's artificial and more deserty feeling where I'll give them there insects would that work? Or no?

Carl75

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:43 am

I like the idea of the out worlds being different areas like desert, marsh etc. You could try and post what happens

Regnarg1

Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:52 am

I will I love making enclosures that are realistic I have a nice river beach setup in my snakes cage and 4 mantises in a micro garden set up lol and man they all love it :D

Regnarg1

Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:55 am

Any tips on how to get your ants to set up there garbage pile in a servant spot kuz if they would dump it in te marsh then they would simultaneously curtailed the plants??? :)

Regnarg1

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Well so far I'm just trying to find plants for the marsh setup not even plane grass likes it the clover is starting to take tho so that's good got one plant started any one elts know any higher water loving plants i could use that aren't to big?