AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Announcements and discussion on upcoming store promos, contest, events, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

JustAnArgentinian

Re: AntsCanada ANT FLAG CONTEST (2 yr Anniversary of ACAF)

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Image The Black Knights of the North. No need for an explanation of the symbolism.

Image The Black Knights of the South (Red because of the dyed honey they were fed).

Image The Golden Empire. The green part represents the their full-of-life habitat, the Hacienda del Dorado.

Image The Fire Nation. The brown stripe represents the Fire Palace and the sun represents the fire.

I've never done a flag before, but I really liked the idea and gave it a try.

TriMonarchicEmpire

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Nyaonyrd wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:46 pm
Nyaonyrd wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:07 pm
Whooo, finally I can show you guys my designs... I worked quite hard even if it is simple. x.x

The Golden Empire:

The Dark Knights - North:

The Dark Knights - South:

Wow my heart is racing... p.p I hope you like it?

EDIT:
The Golden Empire: The 8 gemstones on the crown symbolise the 8 Queens of the colony.
The Dark Knights - North: The influences of the helmet of a Knight and a black rose symbolising the rose war between the nations.
The Dark Knights - South: Same symbol for the knight like ant but a burning heart to oppose their sisters in this war.

Also I now put the second variation in here so it is easyer to see the difference.

Maybe I will make a Fire Nation flag too and I even thought about making one for the sadly deceased Trap Jaws in memory of them.
What do you think of my flags, be detailed

Samuel

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:02 pm

The Fire Nation
https://photos.app.goo.gl/miTuOTZzock3P5Dm2

The Golden Empire
https://photos.app.goo.gl/reEvcIg71qGTX25h1

The Black Knights - North Option
https://photos.app.goo.gl/e3sxmz0egWu7d2ZQ2

The Black Knights - South Option
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jWmjd7A6B5i4mtQt1

I couldn't figure out how to post the actual images directly. I actually had a really hard time with the website itself to be honest :(
Oh well, at least you have them now! Hope you like them!

*Edit* It looks like attachments just take a while to show up on the site so I'm adding the images linked above here as attachments too. Crossing fingers.
Last edited by Samuel on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crimson

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Love seeing these cool flag designs :)
Was just reminded that there are now more than 3 queens in the Golden Empire, so i've updated my flag accordingly.
The 8 yellow rays symbolise those queens, however since the amount of queens will increase over time i somewhat dislike my flag.
Going to make some more flags without the same design.

imo it looks better with a crown, but idk.

ThunderCat7

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:09 pm

here is one for the Golden Empire

Joeylopo

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:13 pm

This flag is for the south black ants...! :x

Nyaonyrd

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:14 pm

TriMonarchicEmpire wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 pm
Nyaonyrd wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:46 pm
Nyaonyrd wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:07 pm
Whooo, finally I can show you guys my designs... I worked quite hard even if it is simple. x.x

The Golden Empire:

The Dark Knights - North:

The Dark Knights - South:

Wow my heart is racing... p.p I hope you like it?

EDIT:
The Golden Empire: The 8 gemstones on the crown symbolise the 8 Queens of the colony.
The Dark Knights - North: The influences of the helmet of a Knight and a black rose symbolising the rose war between the nations.
The Dark Knights - South: Same symbol for the knight like ant but a burning heart to oppose their sisters in this war.

Also I now put the second variation in here so it is easyer to see the difference.

Maybe I will make a Fire Nation flag too and I even thought about making one for the sadly deceased Trap Jaws in memory of them.
What do you think of my flags, be detailed
Oh wow. First up I am not a professional so take anything I say with a grain of salt:

The first Fire Nation Flag has a good approach in simplicity yet I know where you got that symbol form. ;)
I would try and make a flame of my own. Just take your time and be simple with it. :)

Take two of the Fire Nation is interesting as well because of the water (the flood that they survived) but It looks a little disorganised to me and the symbol should be the main object in your work. (especially with flags)

The Dark Knights reminds me of some pictures I get for my embroidery work: Looks simple but actually isn't.
The grey colors though make it easy on the eyes and I would consider making the crest the main symbol. Maybe use a knights helmet on top of the crest instead of the whole knight on a horse. (We are talking about ants :)

The Last one is also the one that I like the most. The peacefull union, the elimination of the lice, and the succesfull gardening attemt. :) But I would leave the lightest yellow on the right out of the flag and instead use a combination of the other two colours. (the darker one on the outside the light in the middle or the other way round, what looks easier on the eyes)

I don't know what else to say then: great work and much effort in making these! :3
Keep it up and you will improve.

FlexGoblinz

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:19 pm

Flag for Golden Empire.
Went for a more Roman gold theme with this picture. With the centre being the yellow crazy ant.

Flag for fire nation
Wanted to focus on the simplicity and drive of the fire nation. Their aggressiveness and brutality. So I went with the colour red and minimalist shape and colour.

I'm too lazy to do another flag :P Not yet.

LunarisMoon

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:20 pm

This is a hand-drawn flag for the Golden Empire.
The colours I choose for this are gold, red and green which reflects the Yellow crazy ants well with the natural look.
I also featured the four queens in the centre as this is the main point in any ant colony and without her, the colony will fail and die so I drew the queens in the centre as a symbol of power.

LunarisMoon

FarrAnts

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Jadeninja9 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:03 pm
FarrAnts wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:34 pm
Jadeninja9 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Memes have corrupted my brain lol. Plus in California people say dude a lot.
I'll belive it lol. And I'm not criticizing you, I'm just messing around. And since you live in california, be on the lookout for Formica ravida, Google it. It's a super cool ant, and I managed to find it.
This Monday I'm gonna go and look for some queens so maybe I'll find it.
Good luck!!
Ball is life... Ants included.