Phoenix Ant Meet up!

A listing of ant meet ups, events, and clubs around the world. Go on an ant trek with ant enthusiasts from your city. Connect with each other and foster an ant community where you live!

Moderator: ooper01

Barfdog

Phoenix Ant Meet up!

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:25 pm

Hey guys, it's looking pretty cloudy today 9/26/16 If it rains today, tonight or tomorrow, local Arizonians should meetup and try to capture a queen before FALL time! Let me know if anyone is interested.
Keeper of:

One M1ABRAMS TANK AKA Camponotus Laevigatus Queen

Barfdog

Re: Phoenix Ant Meet up!

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Okay it is now starting to RAAIN! Let me know Arizonians!
Keeper of:

Antcrisp

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:52 pm

Barfdog wrote:Okay it is now starting to RAAIN! Let me know Arizonians!
Good luck hope you catch one. I still can't find anything i was out in the desert for 2 hours and nothing,i found a colony of fire ants and 2 black ants that was it. Theres a 20% we might get some rain on wed hopefully we do. Wish it wasn't illegal to bring a queen ant from another state.

Barfdog

Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Antcrisp wrote:
Barfdog wrote:Okay it is now starting to RAAIN! Let me know Arizonians!
Good luck hope you catch one. I still can't find anything i was out in the desert for 2 hours and nothing,i found a colony of fire ants and 2 black ants that was it. Theres a 20% we might get some rain on wed hopefully we do. Wish it wasn't illegal to bring a queen ant from another state.
Really starting to wish that as well my friend, I'm checking my local park tonight. Are you in the Phoenix Area or even Arizona? if you are and I find multiple queens i'll bring you out one or two. I'm looking at a local park tonight but I've gone in the desert in my backyard and the desert in my local area and nothing after a solid few hours the other day, all we gotta hope for is some good rain!!
Keeper of:

Antcrisp

Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Hope you find one!! *crossing fungers* no i don't live in Arizona im Las vegas lol.

Barfdog

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Antcrisp wrote:Hope you find one!! *crossing fungers* no i don't live in Arizona im Las vegas lol.

Ah pooey, I heard desert and I got some hope.
Keeper of:

Antcrisp

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Barfdog wrote:
Antcrisp wrote:Hope you find one!! *crossing fungers* no i don't live in Arizona im Las vegas lol.

Yea sucks :(

Barfdog

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Antcrisp wrote:
Barfdog wrote:

Yea sucks :(
I'll cross my fingers for you also AntCrisp
Keeper of:

Antcrisp

Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 am

Thank you. Let me know when you find your queens and where. I don't know if i have bad luck on finding one or im not looking at the right places. Im new to it.

Barfdog

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:54 am

Antcrisp wrote:Thank you. Let me know when you find your queens and where. I don't know if i have bad luck on finding one or im not looking at the right places. Im new to it.
Hey I'm new to it also. check out my post in Ant Identification Subtopic. I was out late tonight at a park and found a potential queen scurrying along, not sure if it's a queen or not but was easily the largest I saw all night and has a more distinctive thorax. I think it's a HoneyPot ant but I'm not sure. I gotta get to bed because I'm gonna hit the park again in the morning since it rain a little yesterday night. Keep looking!
Keeper of: