Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 2

hidran121

Species Confusion

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Hey guys. I am pretty new to antkeeping, but I have certainly done my research. Today I stumbled upon a weird looking fella, which I later realised was what I believe a myrmecocystus sp. But the weird part is that it is only found in North America, and I am in southern France. I am curious to find out the mystery behind this. Please feel free to disagree, as I want to know as to what is going on here... :?:
New to antkeeping and raising a few queens right now!:D . Always looking to find more :shock:

Batspiderfish

Re: Species Confusion

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 am

It's probably something else then. Pictures and a measurement help.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

hidran121

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:33 am

Haha sorry I was silly, as I by chance stumbled onto Crematogaster Scutellaris on the internet, and it’s that! Also it doesn’t let me post pictures, says something like they take up to much space, even 1 photo which is like 800 kilobytes. Thanks anyways
New to antkeeping and raising a few queens right now!:D . Always looking to find more :shock:

AntsDakota

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:14 pm

It would've been interesting if that was really Myrmecosystus.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25