I don't know what to do, my queen is having problems.

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

AdamRNeill23

Re: I don't know what to do, my queen is having problems.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:23 pm

The other night I was checking on my queen and I was going to feed her a cricket leg, but I see her laying on the floor of the test tube, limp. I wiggle the tube around to see if she is just sleeping, but she doesn't move even a little bit. So I unplug the tube and slide her onto my hand and I find that she is dead. :cry:
I wrapped her up and buried her in my garden, I would just like to thank you all that have commented on this post, for trying to help me save her. RIP Queenie, and thank you again, for helping me and giving me advice. This first queen has been a great learning experience, she was a Lasius Neoniger and I found her this June. I hope my next queen will turn out better.
I hope you have a nice rest of you day/night.

AntsLuxembourg

Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:49 am

AdamRNeill23 wrote:
The other night I was checking on my queen and I was going to feed her a cricket leg, but I see her laying on the floor of the test tube, limp. I wiggle the tube around to see if she is just sleeping, but she doesn't move even a little bit. So I unplug the tube and slide her onto my hand and I find that she is dead. :cry:
I wrapped her up and buried her in my garden, I would just like to thank you all that have commented on this post, for trying to help me save her. RIP Queenie, and thank you again, for helping me and giving me advice. This first queen has been a great learning experience, she was a Lasius Neoniger and I found her this June. I hope my next queen will turn out better.
Don't worry. You can always start again with a new queen. And if I'm honest, sometimes queens just die. Some look perfectly healthy and within a few days they are dead. My first GAN Farmer basically explained that to me since I had one of my queens die. This experience helps you to learn a lot and you will be much better at it next time. I'm sure of it. :)

Just let us know when you need help with your next queen / colony. ;)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

AdamRNeill23

Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:03 pm

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
AdamRNeill23 wrote:
Don't worry. You can always start again with a new queen. And if I'm honest, sometimes queens just die. Some look perfectly healthy and within a few days they are dead. My first GAN Farmer basically explained that to me since I had one of my queens die. This experience helps you to learn a lot and you will be much better at it next time. I'm sure of it. :)

Thanks, I will let you know when I get another queen. I'm hoping to get another lasius queen since that is the formicarium I have.

AdamRNeill23

Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:53 pm

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
AdamRNeill23 wrote:

I have potentially found one, just need help with identification :
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=26369