ant behaviour

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

keir95

ant behaviour

Mon May 10, 2021 3:49 pm

straight into it im from the uk and new to the whole thing and have been really intrigued by the whole hobby for a long time recently my girlfriend got me a ant farm the very basic one (i heard they are not fond upon) but i wanted to get a little colony going then once i have moved get a much bigger set up more to the point my girlfriend caught a few black ants they started to burrow but i had then found a Lasius flavus (yellow meadow ant) nest which i dug up and managed to find their queen putting her with her chamber and a nice few workers with additional eggs i let them settle down in a little container i let most of the black ants escape so no fighting would happen when moving my yellow ants into there new area but some have decided to stay and i dont wish to disturb them , i connected the yellow nest to the area they shall move to (i done this yesterday) and after work today i inspected and i see a single black ant surrounded by 3 yellow ants but no fighting just antennae touching and the black and just seems to jump? now and then jumps i dont know if this is a aggression or what any help would be great

Thank you

Antnerd
Location: New Hampshire, USA, North America, earth, our solar system, the Milky Way.

Re: ant behaviour

Mon May 10, 2021 5:25 pm

Hmm I don’t know what this is either.
I know things