where to obtain Ant keeping supplies in canada?

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Jager89

where to obtain Ant keeping supplies in canada?

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:11 pm

Has anyone here used Canada-ant-colony.com for supplies they cannot get from AntsCanada? I recently purchased some ByFormica Sunburst nectar and some fluon from them (still waiting for it to arrive). I read some of the reviews on the site and they seemed kinda like fake reviews, so I was looking for more sites to order supplies from that others have used. I checked google and most of the links were for us sites.

Antmanboy

Re: where to obtain Ant keeping supplies in canada?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:36 pm

What supplies do you need specifically?

Jager89

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Just general supplies like tweezer/forceps, feeder foods, stuff like that. I live in a small province in Canada so my city even tho it is the capital of said province we do not have much in way of exotic pet supplies, Also you cannot buy live feeder animal/insects here anymore. And please do not say look on amazon because Amazon.ca does not have any ant supplies that i could find i searched for ByFormica nothing popped up remotely close to the Ant nectar, i even tried to find stuff from Tarheel ants products on there like the test tube feeder insert and nada. I checked All local pet stores IE Petsmart, petland, petvalu, Pats Pets(local business), and Prairie Aquatics and Exotics they only had canned and freeze dried products like Fluker's crickets and mealworms.

Jager89

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Antmanboy wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:36 pm
What supplies do you need specifically?
or magnifying glasses/lenses to see closer, currently using my Currency magnifier that i bought to look at rocks (i also do rock tumbling for a hobby) if possible would like something that i could attach to my Samsung Galaxy s20 note Ultra

Jager89

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm

Anyone in Canada looking for ant keeping supplies check out Canada-ant-colony.com i just received my order from them they are legit just slow on shipping. I received my 500 ML of Sunburst, steel tipped tweezers, heating cable, and the byformica liquid feeding stations. Their prices match that of US websites minus the import fees. Some of the reviews look fake as hell cause like 60% are titled Great!, but the company is legit, i am currently waiting on them to restock their Springtail cultures.