New Ant Keeper - New Queen Laid Eggs

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

LeFawnDah

New Ant Keeper - New Queen Laid Eggs

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Cant get the img to display, even after tutorial. So here's the link instead.

http://imgur.com/a/HjqRqrj

First time ant keeper, caught this queen over a week ago. I watched her rip the wings off, so I knew she was ready to go! First couple days she spent some time in her out world, and I was concern she wouldn't lay. However, I left her alone for a week, and to my surprise we have eggs !!

They just behind her head, yellowish blur, I couldn't get the camera to focus, and Ididn't want disturb her for too long in fear she would eat them!

QJH2023

Re: New Ant Keeper - New Queen Laid Eggs

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:46 pm

LeFawnDah wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 pm
Cant get the img to display, even after tutorial. So here's the link instead.

http://imgur.com/a/HjqRqrj

First time ant keeper, caught this queen over a week ago. I watched her rip the wings off, so I knew she was ready to go! First couple days she spent some time in her out world, and I was concern she wouldn't lay. However, I left her alone for a week, and to my surprise we have eggs !!

They just behind her head, yellowish blur, I couldn't get the camera to focus, and Ididn't want disturb her for too long in fear she would eat them!
should you place her in a test tube setup
keeper of: 41xCamponotus novaeboracensis, Crematogaster spp. and unidentified species and tapinoma sessile

LeFawnDah

Re: New Ant Keeper - New Queen Laid Eggs

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:16 pm

should you place her in a test tube setup
I have her in a TarHeelAnts mini starter Hearth. I did start her in a test tub but she would not settle down and pulling at the cotton. Which I am aware is normal, but i live in an apartment building and can't risk her escaping.