Kinda Ironic!

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Kinda Ironic!

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:55 am

So yesterday I'm doing a install at a customers house, I'm outside by the power meter and all of a sudden my legs started stinging and burning, I looked down and realized my left foot was smack dab in the middle of a fire ant mound! I stepped back and then proceeded to brush off (normally i would have been smashing and pinching them off) all the workers and soldiers that had crawled up my boots and inside my pants leg, then brushed them off my pants and boots also. I counted 32 stings at least.

I couldn't or didn't get mad because they were only defending their home and I was one one that had intruded upon it.

The irony of the whole thing is that I got nailed by the very ant species that I have as pets!
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

SweetDirtyTooth

Re: Kinda Ironic!

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:20 am

:o That must of been so painful :o

I im an experienced ant keeper but I don't want stinging Ants :lol:

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:57 am

MadVampy wrote:So yesterday I'm doing a install at a customers house, I'm outside by the power meter and all of a sudden my legs started stinging and burning, I looked down and realized my left foot was smack dab in the middle of a fire ant mound! I stepped back and then proceeded to brush off (normally i would have been smashing and pinching them off) all the workers and soldiers that had crawled up my boots and inside my pants leg, then brushed them off my pants and boots also. I counted 32 stings at least.

I couldn't or didn't get mad because they were only defending their home and I was one one that had intruded upon it.

The irony of the whole thing is that I got nailed by the very ant species that I have as pets!
Haha! Ouch. I've been stung many times by Solenopsis and it ain't fun!
Ant Love Forever.

Ants4fun

Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:26 pm

I sorta got used to it after a while... one time a bee stung me, and I didn't even notice. I'm pretty sure I'm immune now.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm kinda use to it now also. Yea it stinks and later itches but it really doesn't both me. part of living in the south.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted: