help id queen:)

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Post Reply
nikko111

help id queen:)

Post: # 9754Post nikko111
Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:05 pm

http://i1042.photobucket./albums/b425/n ... lq9xj.jpeg

Im so excited ive caught my first fully red queen! Help id please?

AntsRule
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:02 pm
Location: Chester County Pennslyvania

Re: help id queen:)

Post: # 9757Post AntsRule
Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Did not work, you have too click the little Img button above the text box and then post the link in between the brackets. :D Size in mm, date and time/caught also :D
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.

nikko111

Re: help id queen:)

Post: # 9766Post nikko111
Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Image

Solenopsisace

Re: help id queen:)

Post: # 9767Post Solenopsisace
Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:29 pm

nikko111 wrote:Image
That didn't work either Bubba

nikko111

Re: help id queen:)

Post: # 9768Post nikko111
Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:32 pm

She is 2 and a half centimeters long and caught at 6:30 pm August 12th 2016

Solenopsisace

Re: help id queen:)

Post: # 9769Post Solenopsisace
Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:34 pm

nikko111 wrote:She is 2 and a half centimeters long and caught at 6:30 pm August 12th 2016
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162

Solenopsisace

Re: help id queen:)

Post: # 9770Post Solenopsisace
Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Try watching this and then we'll be able to see your pic

Martialis
Posts: 1575
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: help id queen:)

Post: # 10745Post Martialis
Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:02 pm

nikko111 wrote:http://i1042.photobucket./albums/b425/n ... lq9xj.jpeg

Im so excited ive caught my first fully red queen! Help id please?
Congrats! You seem to have caught some sort of Odontomachus queen. (Trap Jaw ants) She's semi-cloistral so you have to feed her, but other than that nice catch!
Keeper of

Selliing:

Martialis
Posts: 1575
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: help id queen:)

Post: # 10746Post Martialis
Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Martialis wrote:
nikko111 wrote:http://i1042.photobucket./albums/b425/n ... lq9xj.jpeg

Im so excited ive caught my first fully red queen! Help id please?
Congrats! You seem to have caught some sort of Odontomachus queen. (Trap Jaw ants) She's semi-cloistral so you have to feed her, but other than that nice catch!
Either Odontomachus clarus or Odontomachus desertorum.
Keeper of

Selliing:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests