NEED HELP - Ants nest in indoor plant pot

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

FlamingFinch

NEED HELP - Ants nest in indoor plant pot

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:00 am

Hello! My name is Finch and I just made this account because I'm having an... Emergency, to say the least. Now, I'm not certain if this is the right topic for this but I'm desperate.

This morning, literally not twenty minutes ago, I was doing my rounds watering my indoor plants when I got to the miniature rose plant in the windowsill above my bed. I poured the water in and out of the edges of the pot came a sea of little black ants carrying lava and eggs etc. They're amazing to watch and I adore them. I even found out how they got in; my window was open just a tiny crack and it's now their main entrance when they order a pizza

But theyre inside. Falling onto my bed. And I have yet to take my first step into keeping ants. I don't have a setup to hold them and I'd hate to tear up my plants roots to get them out. I don't want to kill them, really. They must have been there for weeks and I just never noticed- so much hard work to start a colony.

What can I do to get them outside? Is there a way I can temporarily house them until I can get a proper setup?

AGENTSCEPTILE

Re: NEED HELP - Ants nest in indoor plant pot

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:12 am

Here is my method, seeing as this is an emergency--- get a fishtank, Make a rubbing alchohol and baby powder mix and make the barrier around the top of the fishtank (You should already know this) and place the plant in the pot inside of the fishtank. Make sure no plant leaf is going over the edge of the fishtank and the ants should not be able to escape from the tank. Sorry this seems rushed, ill try to respond more, but this is all I can think of, seeing as it is urgent in your case....
P.S.--- Pictures or species of the ants would be helpful...! :|
Keeper of
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Camponotus Novaeboracensus
5 Annoying anklebiter chickens :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2IzQmOdK5n09xcAzyaIJWA
Happy Anting! :mrgreen: