RIFA post by Serrafine

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Asylumental

RIFA post by Serrafine

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:08 pm

Just think it looks pretty bad... that she/he provided tons of valid evidence to support everything he/she said.

None of which was addressed...
Infact the only thing that was addressed is that he/she is from Germany and not from usa... as if that has any relevance at all to the post he/she made.
It was an attempted smoke screen, and a bad one.

Serrafine then continues to rebuttle with lots of sound evidence, including the image of the actual RIFA quarantine zone....

Which....none of it was addressed..
Looks like he was banned..
And the post was locked...

From an outside perspective, it looks pretty shady. Especially since none of it was resolved... just merely banned so as to not have to deal with it..

Asylumental

Re: RIFA post by Serrafine

Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:25 pm

I tried adding an edit... but I ran out of time...

I just want to clarify, my interest in that post is that I want to keep solenopsis molesta which is supposedly local to my area.. and I wouldnt want to accidentally buy an invasive solenopsis species that wasn identified properly. . Something that was brought up in that post.

Also what are the restrictions in states or provinces that have a RIFA quarantine zone that splits the state in half? Half the state is restricted but not the other half? That is confusing.. and my province is tall.. BC is pretty temperate and wet in the south and mountainous and rocky and cold in the north... so I imagine different species are local to different areas and also want to be careful with this..

I was reading that post for information...and I feel like I read 3/4 of a book but didnt get to read the end.. a lot of questions still up in the air that I wasnt able to read answers to...

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:54 pm

I am trying to understand what your trying to get at? Are you accusing AntsCanada of something?

You stated this "From an outside perspective, it looks pretty shady. Especially since none of it was resolved... just merely banned so as to not have to deal with it ..." Please explain your statement.

Simply put, There is no sales, trades, of giving of ants on the forums. With this said the only dealing with ants is done thru the AntsCanada GAN project and those GAN farmers are approved and so is their species based on the area they are in, and the Seller and Buyer must follow the Rules and Laws of their respective State, Government, Province, or Country they live and reside in and where the species are bought from and will remain in.

If there was a BAN of a user of the AntsCanada Ants Forums then it was 100% justified and will not be changed. If you haven't read the AntsCanada Forum Rules then you may want to take a few mins to do so.

Posts are only deleted if they break the rules or are deemed to contain content that needs to be removed. If any user has a issue with those rules and decisions then I would kindly ask them to address them to Me or the other MODS of the forums, if that doesn't work for the user then I suggest they discontinue use of the AntsCanada forums.

Here is the link to the AntsCanada Ants Forum Rules -----> https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Asylumental

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:46 am

"I just want to clarify, my interest in that post is that I want to keep solenopsis molesta which is supposedly local to my area.. and I wouldnt want to accidentally buy an invasive solenopsis species that wasn identified properly. . Something that was brought up in that post.

Also what are the restrictions in states or provinces that have a RIFA quarantine zone that splits the state in half? Half the state is restricted but not the other half? That is confusing.. and my province is tall.. BC is pretty temperate and wet in the south and mountainous and rocky and cold in the north... so I imagine different species are local to different areas and also want to be careful with this.. "

Not sure why you asked me to clarify when I did already clarify...

I was hoping someone would actually lend some helpful Information in regards to what I asked?? But instead I feel rather accosted..

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 am

Asylumental wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:46 am
"I just want to clarify, my interest in that post is that I want to keep solenopsis molesta which is supposedly local to my area.. and I wouldnt want to accidentally buy an invasive solenopsis species that wasn identified properly. . Something that was brought up in that post.

Also what are the restrictions in states or provinces that have a RIFA quarantine zone that splits the state in half? Half the state is restricted but not the other half? That is confusing.. and my province is tall.. BC is pretty temperate and wet in the south and mountainous and rocky and cold in the north... so I imagine different species are local to different areas and also want to be careful with this.. "

Not sure why you asked me to clarify when I did already clarify...

I was hoping someone would actually lend some helpful Information in regards to what I asked?? But instead I feel rather accosted..
Check with your Local, County, Provence, or State for their rules pertaining invasive insect species.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted: