Transfer Ant or not?

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Should I use the technique(given in the text:link of a youtube)or not?

Yes, but be careful.
No votes
No, you can injure the queen!
100%
I don't know.
No votes

Total votes: 1

Araiz1

Transfer Ant or not?

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:57 am

Hello,
I am Araiz,I have felt in love with ants by looking at the videos of AntsCanada A.K.A Mikey Bustos. Now I want to keep them. By looking at the GAN project and trying to see if any Ant farmers in my area are trying to sell ants, I came to know that Pakistan is not situated in the list at all. I am not over 18 years, as I am 14 years old, and I am not a professional ant keeper. So I wanted your help. There are like 7-8 species of ants living in my lawn and my backyard, one of them is Black Crazy Ants(B.C.A), and I want to keep them. They, Black Crazy Ants(B.C.A), live in my home and I want to transfer them to my habitat but I don't know how? There was a migration of B.C.A from outside the gate of my house going inside to the space between the bricks. I thought of them to be undefeatable as they took 7 hours to complete their migration, with more than fifty queens. It has not been a week, 80% of the colony was killed by another colony living in my house, which seemed to be of ratio 'Another colony 1:8 B.C.A.' Later the remaining B.C.A found another hole and are now living there. So I want a colony of ants living in the habitat, made by me, may it be B.C.A( which I want) or any other colony living in my lawn or backyard. Give me tips on how to make them to leave the lawn and join my habitat, or you can set a GAN farmer at Lahore particularly. Nuptual Flight are not happening these days. So please tell me how to transfer any colony to my place.

Or should I use this technique https://youtu.be/kL6RdY8iBNE (YouTube).
I want your reply.

cheetawolf

Re: Transfer Ant or not?

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:08 am

you shouldnt do it right now, as they will be going into hibernation, and taking a well established colony getting ready for a dormant stage is a big no no, as it will most likely lead to their deaths.

instead, wait till next spring for nuptial flight, besides, ant keeping is all about patience
Fellow Ant Keeper!
Youtuber
Channel name: Evador (please check out my channel that would be epic)
link-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-7SIjQbnXF6_w-5cCT9A7A

GAN farmer in BC Canada