Any Long Islanders out there?

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

MCWren

Re: Any Long Islanders out there?

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:19 pm

FlameofOsiris wrote:This is my third consecutive post, are you dead or something?
Anyways, have your ant colonies grown much? I see for your Nylandria flavpipes is listed as 10-30 workers. I'd probably buy in the next 1-3 weeks, will the price and the size of the test tube setup increase in that period or will it stay the same?

Please reply, I need answers very soon
Hi, sorry for not answering you. My colonies have not grown much, and if I change the N. flavipes tube, the water could probably last another 5 or so months, assuming the cotton doesn't get too moldy.
The customer pays in cash, but don't bother haggling, the price isn't changing.

FlameofOsiris

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:22 pm

MCWren wrote:
FlameofOsiris wrote:This is my third consecutive post, are you dead or something?
Anyways, have your ant colonies grown much? I see for your Nylandria flavpipes is listed as 10-30 workers. I'd probably buy in the next 1-3 weeks, will the price and the size of the test tube setup increase in that period or will it stay the same?

Please reply, I need answers very soon
Hi, sorry for not answering you. My colonies have not grown much, and if I change the N. flavipes tube, the water could probably last another 5 or so months, assuming the cotton doesn't get too moldy.
The customer pays in cash, but don't bother haggling, the price isn't changing.
Sorry, I didnt mean to propose to haggle, I was just asking if the price will get higher along with the population of the colony, being I'm probably not buying extremely soon. Also, from now, how much longer can your GAN colonies stay in the test tube before they have to be moved into a formacarium, just to know.

FlameofOsiris

Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:10 am

Wait, and one more thing, when it says 10-30 workers, does this mean the test tube will come with 10-30 workers? Also, how should they be transported in the test tube? Surely, they can't simply be placed on a flat surface?
Also, do these ants have to be hibernated, if so, how should I hibernate them?

MCWren

Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:35 pm

FlameofOsiris wrote:Wait, and one more thing, when it says 10-30 workers, does this mean the test tube will come with 10-30 workers? Also, how should they be transported in the test tube? Surely, they can't simply be placed on a flat surface?
Also, do these ants have to be hibernated, if so, how should I hibernate them?
The one I would sell you has about 15 workers. 10-30 means there's a colony with 10 workers and one with 30, but they've grown since then. They are transported in a test tube that's in a plastic bag, and they may roll a bit, but that hasn't stopped everyone's ants from surviving the trip so far.

FlameofOsiris

Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:38 pm

So, just to get things straight, the flavpipes colony for 80$ that you'd sell me has only 15 workers, no more, no less?

FlameofOsiris

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:58 am

Actually, it seems like the colonies are a bit expensive.
Now, I dont know very much about ant species in NY, but I'm going to assume that it takes a lot of work and effort to keep them, as that might be why they're up to 80$ for 15 works and a queen. I'd rather not get extremely rare ant species, being they might have needs I don't know about in the first place.