Hi from Ottawa/Crematogastor/Ant resources

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

JustinBrunet

Hi from Ottawa/Crematogastor/Ant resources

Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:55 pm

Hello,

I've been in to ant keeping for a while now. I currently live in Ottawa, Canada. I am interested in keeping a crematogaster species and was wondering around what time of the year people have seen their nuptial flights and in what environment? (as in, around houses, fields, forest, etc...) Also, a time of day would be nice as well.

In that vein of thought, would anyone have any good websites they would share that has information such as this and maybe even species found in specific areas. I have been browsing for a while and am having difficulty finding sites other than ant extermination haha.

Thank you,
Justin

GriffinAnt

Re: Hi from Ottawa/Crematogastor/Ant resources

Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:35 am

information you seek is on this website. this is the best website and the best shop

WillWithAnts

Re: Hi from Ottawa/Crematogastor/Ant resources

Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:16 pm

Hey Justin! Welcome!

From what I know, Crematogaster cerasi flies in august/september, usually after rain. I'm a bit of a newbie, so that's about all I know.

This is a pretty good forum. It's filled with knowledgeable and experienced people, and there are lots of journals! I know of another forum that is very good, but it's also 16 years old. http://antfarm.yuku.com/

Cheers! :D