Hey there from the new guy :-)

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

Shane84

Hey there from the new guy :-)

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Just thought I would say hi, glad to be here, new to this ant keeping malarkey :-)

Recently caught 3 Lasius Niger queens, 2 I can see are laying eggs but the 3rd isn't could she be waiting for next spring?

Love the channel and I am glad to say that the AC family got me interested in trying this out and I can honestly say I have learnt a hell off a lot through the channel :-) keep up the good work and I look forward to exploring my new colony :-)
Newbie keeper
2 x Lasius Niger ( 1 mine and the other my daughters who is proper excited about keeping her Honeybun Kingdom...)

Shane84

Re: Hey there from the new guy :-)

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm

My 3 girls, don't know which one yet but my daughter will be taking care of one and she will be named Queen Honey Bun of the Honey Bun Kingdom!!!!

Newbie keeper
2 x Lasius Niger ( 1 mine and the other my daughters who is proper excited about keeping her Honeybun Kingdom...)

antnest8

Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Welcome to the forums!!

it is always good the have another ant keeper. try looking at the rules for the forums.

also We try to keep this forum clean from cussing
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

Shane84

Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:06 pm

I can understand that, theres no need to be cussing this, cussing that on a forum like this.
*UPDATE*
Caught another 5 lasius niger in the hope to pass on to anyone that dont have or was not able to catch any, all 8 are egg laying and at least 1 seems to be almost ready for first broodlings :-)
Newbie keeper