Hello from Manchester - UK

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

SweetDirtyTooth

Hello from Manchester - UK

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:05 am

Hello Ant Keepers!!

Sweet Dirty Tooth here from UK! Hope to see more of you around!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

larynx

Re: Hello from Manchester - UK

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am

love your screen name. glad to meet you. how is anting in the UK? isn't it cold there a lot :P ?
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Carl75

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Hello. I'm from Hertfordshire UK. New to ant keeping. I have a Vertical omni nest which I recently received. Just need to catch a queen to start my colony.

SweetDirtyTooth

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:24 pm

larynx wrote:love your screen name. glad to meet you. how is anting in the UK? isn't it cold there a lot :P ?
Hahaha I got it from one of my friends gameplay name on PS3 since I seen it I used it in many places :lol:

Finding Queens in the UK is very hard, I haven't yet seen a Nuptial Flight in 10 years maybe I wasn't concentrating :shock:

It's always cold, not snow but usually cold and rain, alot of rain :cry: thus makes it a p.ace where there isn't so many cool ant species, but we still have some nice ants :?

SweetDirtyTooth

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Carl75 wrote:Hello. I'm from Hertfordshire UK. New to ant keeping. I have a Vertical omni nest which I recently received. Just need to catch a queen to start my colony.
Hey there Carl!

Good to see more UK Ant enthusiasts. Finding a queen in the UK is a bit hard but not impossible. You gotta watch out for this month, there might be a Nuptial Flight going on. There are also UK sites that sell local Ants if you are intresting in buying them. I have a Lasius Flavus Queen with 1-5 Workers and brood which Isn't doing so well but they seem to me like they just need time. I could give you this Queen if you want! PM me.

And congratz on your Omni nest. It's a really good looking nest you will have a great colony one day in there! 8-)

Dannyboy

Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Hey man this is Danny from USA Atlanta Georgia