Little help please?

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

TalHarush

Little help please?

Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:04 am

Hello.
Its nice to finally join this community!
My name is Tal, I'm a long time ant keeper , but I did not had a colony for a couple of years now, and now, I'm looking forward to return back to this amazing hobby.
There is only one problem... I need a queen ;)
I am looking for a queen or a small colony of ants, especially camponotus ants, one of my favorite ant specie's in my country, and a specie I used to have in my old ant keeping day's.
I live in Tel Aviv - Israel, I obviously only accepting local specie's of ants, I'm not happy to take chances with ants that not belong here, we don't want to accidently harm the environment.
if someone here is living nearby, and willing to offer my a queen or a small colony, and help me return to that amazing hobby, i will gladly accept and will really appreciate it.
thank you for your time and help.
AntsLoveForever

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Little help please?

Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:33 pm

TalHarush wrote:
Hello.
My name is Tal, I'm a long time ant keeper , but I did not had a colony for a couple of years now, and now, I'm looking forward to return back to this amazing hobby.
I am looking for a queen or a small colony of ants, especially camponotus ants, one of my favorite ant specie's in my country, and a specie I used to have in my old ant keeping day's.
I live in Tel Aviv - Israel, I obviously only accepting local specie's of ants, I'm not happy to take chances with ants that not belong here, we don't want to accidently harm the environment.
if someone here is living nearby, and willing to offer my a queen or a small colony, and help me return to that amazing hobby, i will gladly accept and will really appreciate it.
AntsLoveForever
Hi there! I recomend starting with Camponotus spp. found locally, but according to What i believe to be a false report C.floridanus is in your area :?:

Also some stores sell lots of Camponotus but make sure to research each species individually as some grow very fast and are aggressive, others... Not so much
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

TalHarush

Re: Little help please?

Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:04 pm

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:33 pm
TalHarush wrote:
Hello.
AntsLoveForever
Hi there! I recomend starting with Camponotus spp. found locally, but according to What i believe to be a false report C.floridanus is in your area :?:

Also some stores sell lots of Camponotus but make sure to research each species individually as some grow very fast and are aggressive, others... Not so much
I used to hade a small colony, i am curios about those stores you mention, you know to tell me where i can find those?