Hello

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

KoreanAntKeeper

Hello

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:29 am

Hi. I’m an ant keeper in Korea as my name suggests. I am keeping 1 Polyrhachis lamellidens colony in a formicarium using a dead tree as that is what most of my fellow ant keepers in Korea suggested. I am also keeping 9 New queens of Formica sanguinea of which two are being kept together to see if the species is Polgnynic. And two were given pupae of F. japonica, it’s natural host. I am still obtaining more pupae. I will post topics time to time as needed and most of all I hope that I can get advice from ant keepers who have successfully reared F. sanguinea into a colony. Thank you.

SolenopsisKeeper

Re: Hello

Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:28 am

KoreanAntKeeper wrote:
Hi. I’m an ant keeper in Korea as my name suggests. I am keeping 1 Polyrhachis lamellidens colony in a formicarium using a dead tree as that is what most of my fellow ant keepers in Korea suggested. I am also keeping 9 New queens of Formica sanguinea of which two are being kept together to see if the species is Polgnynic. And two were given pupae of F. japonica, it’s natural host. I am still obtaining more pupae. I will post topics time to time as needed and most of all I hope that I can get advice from ant keepers who have successfully reared F. sanguinea into a colony. Thank you.
Hi there!

(Getting topic out of unanswered topics)
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Hello

Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:43 am

KoreanAntKeeper wrote:
Hey,

On Antstore.net they mention that "Formica (Raptiformica) sanguinea" is Polygyn. But it could be that there are different types of Formica sanguinea. ^^'
https://www.antstore.net/shop/de/Ameisen/Ameisen-aus-Mitteleuropa/Formica--Raptiformica--sanguinea.html
I'm not sure if they are native to Korea but I hope your experiment works out. Would love to hear how they are doing currently. ;)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.