New member starting my journey

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

TheAntBiker

New member starting my journey

Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:17 pm

Hello all!

I have 1 year experience keeping ants, which puts me at beginning stage! I am very excited to say I have a colony that was established already and I just fed and gave them some water! I have a Crematogaster colony and they are absolutely precious! I am thinking about keeping videos on them as they are a very active species! My first small founded colony was Camponotus species caught by my wife in the front yard! But they did not bode well as I didn’t have a clue what I was doing. And now after some time I have made sure I know what to do at least for a beginner! I will be sharing pictures and videos of the colony and I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful species!

TheAntBiker

Re: New member starting my journey

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:15 pm

TheAntBiker

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:16 pm

TheAntBiker

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:19 pm

I am moving my new colony to their new nest! It will be more secluded for them as the old one uses paper to keep it dark, plus I have a heat cable coming to warm the nest and my hybrid nest mini will be able to support it! The end goal is to make a big terrarium with a small pond and stump for them to burrow in, but for now this will be their setup!