Hello From Ottawa/Gatineau Canada

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

Shovelboy

Hello From Ottawa/Gatineau Canada

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:35 pm

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and happy!

My sons and I joined up and are looking forward to being a part of the anting community. We have been capturing queens since June and have quite a few with eggs and larvae now. Over the next few weeks we'll be asking for your help with identification on these queens in the HUSBANDRY section of the forum, using the best pics we could take.

Question: Is the pic posting instructional video using photobucket still the best way to post pics?

With your help, we'll be able to register into the GAN project with properly identified colonies for sale in our area. In case the colonies expand beyond the limits of a test tube setup before they are sold, we have already purchased some products from AntsCanada and we'll be posting our reviews in the STORE section later.

Take care and best of health to all!

Hawkeye

Re: Hello From Ottawa/Gatineau Canada

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:43 am

Shovelboy wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:35 pm
Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and happy!

My sons and I joined up and are looking forward to being a part of the anting community. We have been capturing queens since June and have quite a few with eggs and larvae now. Over the next few weeks we'll be asking for your help with identification on these queens in the HUSBANDRY section of the forum, using the best pics we could take.

Question: Is the pic posting instructional video using photobucket still the best way to post pics?

With your help, we'll be able to register into the GAN project with properly identified colonies for sale in our area. In case the colonies expand beyond the limits of a test tube setup before they are sold, we have already purchased some products from AntsCanada and we'll be posting our reviews in the STORE section later.

Take care and best of health to all!
Hi there!

Welcome to the wonderful world of ants :D Can't wait to see the pictures ;) Though I would recommend using imgur.com instead as it is free and doesn't put any watermarks on your pictures.

Shovelboy

Re: Hello From Ottawa/Gatineau Canada

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:04 pm

I was thinking of photobucket but imgur sounds like the price is right, thank you!
I posted a couple Queen ID requests in the Species Identification section with pics from google-pics and I'm waiting on feedback from those. If you don't mind and have the time, check those out to see if I messed up, that'd be great.
If I'm not getting good photo quality, I'll check out imgur.
Great to meet you!