Hello from Southern California

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

Vendayn

Hello from Southern California

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:06 pm

The time I post this, its hot hot hot! And tomorrow will be even worse :( Over a 100 degrees easily.

I discovered these forums a week or so back, and decided to register last night. And now I'm an official member. :) I go to another ant forum too, but don't think I fit in that well there. So been looking around at different forums.

As for ants.

I have Pogonomyrmex rugosus and Acromyrmex versicolor. I won't be getting anymore, as I want to focus 95% on my Acromyrmex colony, but still take care of my Pogonomyrmex. Pogonomyrmex are a lot easier though, and space isn't so much an issue. But, my Acromyrmex versicolor colony is growing very fast! Its by far my best ant colony I have ever had in my many years of keeping ants. Its also the first time I ever had a Leafcutter ant colony, but I did A LOT of research before buying them. So, its pretty exciting they are doing so great. :) Granted, early on their growth was stagnant due to wrong conditions, but today they are an incredible colony.

Glad to be a part of the forums and you'll probably see me post more often. :)

AntsLuxembourg

Re: Hello from Southern California

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:47 am

I think you will fit in just fine. :)
Everybody is welcome, except for spam bots of course. ;)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.