Re: Hello to all the new members.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:02 am

Cool. Keep us posted on your progress? Pics would be appreciated :D

Killacasas

Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Frankyrod2007 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:21 pm
Hello me and my 10yr old son are new to the ant keeping world hes is a big fan of AntsCanada and Ants Australia we live in El Paso TX where it seams there no ants lol we have been looking for our a couple weeks now with no luck

Hey!!! Not sure but, If you are still looking by chance I live in northeast el paso, mccombs and sunvalley area and I have some established colonies that I am more than willing to donate to your ant farm. Not only for your pleasure but much more for mine to help rid my backyard of them. I have multiple established colonies of both fireants as well as the bigger black and red ants. And by multiple I dont mean I have 1 of each and consider that multiple I have a few separate colonies of both types if not than I have 1 gigantic colonie of each one either way you are more than welcome to the lot of them. Let me know asap as if you do not I will be sending then down the river for lack of a better term. Haha thank you and have a great day

XenorangersQueen

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:58 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
I don't have any good pics, but so far there is a cluster of three eggs and two separated eggs. I will try to get a good picture when i change her water, which i do about every 3 days, in a dim room to try to minimize distress

Hawkeye

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:10 am

XenorangersQueen wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:58 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
I don't have any good pics, but so far there is a cluster of three eggs and two separated eggs. I will try to get a good picture when i change her water, which i do about every 3 days, in a dim room to try to minimize distress
There's no need to change the water that often. as long as the water levels are high enough to reach the cotton bud, you're good.

Hawkeye

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:11 am

Killacasas wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 pm
Frankyrod2007 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:21 pm
Hello me and my 10yr old son are new to the ant keeping world hes is a big fan of AntsCanada and Ants Australia we live in El Paso TX where it seams there no ants lol we have been looking for our a couple weeks now with no luck

Hey!!! Not sure but, If you are still looking by chance I live in northeast el paso, mccombs and sunvalley area and I have some established colonies that I am more than willing to donate to your ant farm. Not only for your pleasure but much more for mine to help rid my backyard of them. I have multiple established colonies of both fireants as well as the bigger black and red ants. And by multiple I dont mean I have 1 of each and consider that multiple I have a few separate colonies of both types if not than I have 1 gigantic colonie of each one either way you are more than welcome to the lot of them. Let me know asap as if you do not I will be sending then down the river for lack of a better term. Haha thank you and have a great day
Ahh look at all these ant enthusiasts helping each other out. Not sure starting with fire ants would be the best idea for a 10 year old. By the bigger ants do you mean carpenter ants?

TonySr

Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:09 pm

Hello to all the moderators and forum members. This is my first experience with AC but what I’ve seen so far on your site, I am really impressed.

TS

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:02 pm

TonySr wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:09 pm
Hello to all the moderators and forum members. This is my first experience with AC but what I’ve seen so far on your site, I am really impressed.

TS
Thanks! We try to keep it up an running for all the Ant Lovers out there! Plenty of info contained in the forums for sure!

Happy Ant Keeping,
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

DeanFrost

Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi, thanks for the welcome.
I've been watching AntsCanada and SerpaDesign on YouTube for about three months (Helped me wind down after studying). I was so happy to see the collaboration of two of my favorite YouTubers on the day I passed the test they (unknowingly) were helping me with. I celebrated by making myself a one gallon terrarium, I hope to add an ant colony to eventually.
Now that I've made this 'Ode' to the channels and gift to myself I want to make sure the terrarium is suitable for ants. As it is some time before nuptial flight in my area I have time to learn and let the terrarium stabilize.

Dean

J1nx88

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:35 am

Hi AC family! :D
I have been bitten hard by ants
They are so cool
I can’t wait to get my first colony going

geonerd619

Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:34 pm

Hello,

New to Ant keeping.....well haven't started yet but been doing all the research first before my son and I start taking off with this hobby. Although, anybody could recommend a first colony for the region of West Texas. As well as being a very college student, I will aim for a natural self-sustained formicarium, so any tips are very welcomed. Thanks ahead of time for the help.