Accidental colony brought from Australia

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

MRaevn

Accidental colony brought from Australia

Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:10 pm

So I went to Australia for eight weeks and during that time a colony of tiny ants moved into my external hard drive and have come back to Canada with me. Not sure what to do. I have them contained in a giant Ziploc. I guess my ultimate goal is to have them move out of the external hard drive so I can have it back. I tried giving them a clump of dirt and plant to move into but that just seemed to inspire them to breed? They were moving what looked to be like eggs from the dirt into my hard drive. I haven’t been observing them the whole time but maybe they went to the clump to breed and now moved the eggs back? Now I can’t see any except for a couple guys cruising around. It’s been ten days I guess since I moved back. I tried giving them a bit of sugar to see if that’s what they needed but they didn’t like it I guess.
Does anyone have any tips of how to get them out of my drive? Also should I eradicate them or do people want these ants? From different countries? Seems dangerous, but I am from Australia so I’m more afraid, lol.

Jgibbss

Re: Accidental colony brought from Australia

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:08 pm

get a bright light and shine it a them or spray lemon juice they hate that stuff