New future ant keeper!

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

Ishimu300

New future ant keeper!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Hello my fellow soon to be ant keepers and ant keeper experts. I wish to dive into keeping at least one ant collony maybe two, depending on their growth..

A little about myself, I am 31 years old about to be 32 next year. I live in Missouri and I am a bit picky on the ants I wish to house. I have cats and a 5 year old daughter so accidents may happen as keeping the ant farm safe. I have precautions ready to keep them out and away from the enclosure but accidents can still happen.

The ants I am really looking forward to flying are any form of Formica ants. The little black ants I keep finding in my home are very cute and very lively even though it seems they should be hybernating...quite strange. I wonder if their colony is under my house lol...

Anyway I hope to meet some awesome people and learn more about the ants in my area :)
Thank you AntsCanada for such interesting videos, they remind me so much of meerkat manner that I used to watch.
-Ishimu

ClashOwenBash

Re: New future ant keeper!

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:20 am

Great to hear of another future ant keeper! Also love the link to Meerkat Manor.
Ant-keeper going into his 4th year of loving ants!

Ishimu300

Re: New future ant keeper!

Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:50 am

Thank you so much! May we both find some awesome ants this coming year :)