Hello, meet me and my colony

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

AmaGogo

Hello, meet me and my colony

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi, my name is Hector and I'm new in the forum, also not a veteran in the AC family, but I have to thanks this family for inspiring me to be an ant keeper.
I'm from Mexico so it has been dificult for me to start since there's no local culture for ant keeping. Problems apart I've recently start a Camponotus formicarium, I bought them from someone in my own city and create their habitat the most natural alike posible. Just today I moved tham from their old improvised nest to the ultimate formicarium. Image Image Image
The colony is not to big by now, they're approximately 20 workers with some eggs. I think i could have stress the colony, necause i had to move them manually from their old nest because of the bad enviroment they were in. By now i've seen that the queen and some workers are nesting in the log but I don't know if they find their way into the log of the eggs and the rest of the colony are somewhere else.

I wanted to share thiw with you guys and hope you could give me your thoughts and suggestions :3

cheetawolf

Re: Hello, meet me and my colony

Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:38 pm

very cool, but i think that the colony might be stresssed of how big that setup is
Fellow Ant Keeper!
Youtuber
Channel name: Evador (please check out my channel that would be epic)
link-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-7SIjQbnXF6_w-5cCT9A7A

GAN farmer in BC Canada