I am looking for Carpenter ants

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

Post Reply
Jason310
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:12 am
Location: St Louis

I am looking for Carpenter ants

Post: # 52908Post Jason310
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:21 am

Hello,
My name is Jason

I am new to the hobby of raising ants. I would love to start a Carpenter ant colony, but I cannot find anyone in my area that sells them.
Can anyone help me?
I live in St Louis MO.

Thanks
Jason

AntsDakota
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: I am looking for Carpenter ants

Post: # 52915Post AntsDakota
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Jason310 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:21 am
Hello,
My name is Jason

I am new to the hobby of raising ants. I would love to start a Carpenter ant colony, but I cannot find anyone in my area that sells them.
Can anyone help me?
I live in St Louis MO.

Thanks
Jason
There is a GAN farmer in Saint Louis/Kirksville, yet he and the rest of the GAN farmers in Missouri have no ants. You will have to wait until nuptial flights next year. And by the way, you can't buy and sell ants on this forum unless through the GAN project.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Jason310
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:12 am
Location: St Louis

Re: I am looking for Carpenter ants

Post: # 52922Post Jason310
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:35 pm

AntsDakota wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:48 pm
Jason310 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:21 am
Hello,
My name is Jason

I am new to the hobby of raising ants. I would love to start a Carpenter ant colony, but I cannot find anyone in my area that sells them.
Can anyone help me?
I live in St Louis MO.

Thanks
Jason
There is a GAN farmer in Saint Louis/Kirksville, yet he and the rest of the GAN farmers in Missouri have no ants. You will have to wait until nuptial flights next year. And by the way, you can't buy and sell ants on this forum unless through the GAN project.
Got it. Thanks for the information. I thought I was going through the GAN project.

AntsDakota
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: I am looking for Carpenter ants

Post: # 52929Post AntsDakota
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:20 pm

Jason310 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:35 pm
AntsDakota wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:48 pm
Jason310 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:21 am
Hello,
My name is Jason

I am new to the hobby of raising ants. I would love to start a Carpenter ant colony, but I cannot find anyone in my area that sells them.
Can anyone help me?
I live in St Louis MO.

Thanks
Jason
There is a GAN farmer in Saint Louis/Kirksville, yet he and the rest of the GAN farmers in Missouri have no ants. You will have to wait until nuptial flights next year. And by the way, you can't buy and sell ants on this forum unless through the GAN project.
Got it. Thanks for the information. I thought I was going through the GAN project.
You're welcome! And I wasn't exactly sure if you were going through the GAN project or not.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests