Mold on the pupae, larvae and ant eggs? Please Help!

Make your suggestions here.
josguzma

Mold on the pupae, larvae and ant eggs? Please Help!

Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:11 am

I once lost a colony because the first ant eggs got mold on them.
Now I have an other colony, it's of camponotus specie and its formed by the queen, three nanitics and some eggs, pupae and larvae.

I dont have them on a test tube because this specie is really really big, and when i cought the queen i placed her on a small plastic box with a test tube filled with water stucked with cotton so it wouldn't smash the queen. Also i added some holes to the box so she could breath. That night she layed eggs so i decided to leave her there beacause i didn't want to bother her, i addapted the box with a hole in the upper side with some babby pouder as a barrier and addded a removable tap too.

Well the point is that i saw them today to make sure they were all righ, all looked good until i saw that one pupae with two larvae and some eggs were surrounded by some white stuff.
I immediately remembered my last ant queen, that died because of white mold. So I decided to take out that conglomeration of eggs larvae and pupae and i took some photos. Also with a toothpick i remobed some of the white stuff that was arround them and i saw that some of it was cotton, but also i saw something similar to silk it. I didnt see any spores on the white stuff so I dont know if it is mold in reality. So i put the eggs larvae and pupae back to the box.
Well the problem is, i dont know if its mold, or even what thing is that, and also i dont know what to do. I really hope you could help me.
So anyone got in a similar situation? Any idea of what it could be?
Images here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VJePJEGII31HTcR2LC7mnPZFswk9iTyi

Batspiderfish

Re: Mold on the pupae, larvae and ant eggs? Please Help!

Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:40 am

Just looks like a piece of cotton.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

josguzma

Re: Mold on the pupae, larvae and ant eggs? Please Help!

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 am

Yea i know, but in reallity its a pupae surrounded by i dont know what.