Why are all of the Admins/Mods Inactive?

Make your suggestions here.
antperson24

Re: Why are all of the Admins/Mods Inactive?

Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:54 pm

RespectforAnts wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:14 pm
Also why are all the topic/forum sections locked so I can't make a new post except on everything else. PLZ admins idk whats up but I don't wanna post all my ant questions in a section not about ants. :roll:
You should be able to make a new topic. I just looked, and I can.
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN

SYUTEO

Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:39 am

antperson24 wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:54 pm
RespectforAnts wrote:
Also why are all the topic/forum sections locked so I can't make a new post except on everything else. PLZ admins idk whats up but I don't wanna post all my ant questions in a section not about ants. :roll:
You should be able to make a new topic. I just looked, and I can.
Click into the subsections.

RespectforAnts

Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:10 pm

I see thx
C. Novaeboracensis (my favorite ant
C. Pennsylvannicus x2
Tetramorium Immigrans x2

AntsLuxembourg

Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am

Just had a look and I remember giving 3 people the "Rank" / Group "Trusted User". It was mainly to give access to a hidden area in the forum in where I created a few FAQ topics to work on and to discuss a few things. Oh and to hide some of the spam topic to add new words to the spam filters and also to just get the "crap" out of your guys faces.

I remember finding the reason why there were so many spam posts day in day out and it was just a matter of removing permissions. It was crazy how quickly that reduced the spam amount.

They also have permissions to move topics from Temporary Placeholder elsewhere if they want to and if they have the time for it.
antperson24 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:57 am
All of the mods/admins are inactive (except for AntLuxembourg). If this place is ever going to be alive again there are going to need to be more admins or mods that are active so that they can to make updates, help with events, and possibly advertise. I suggest a few new admins and mods, I think SYUTEO would be a qualified person.
I don't mind at all. Since months I'm mostly just trying to keep the spam away and I am happy for anyone reporting spam topics that have been hiding somewhere where I don't find it. I also keep track of who I have banned and I always check if I can add a mail address / server (example @gmail.com) to the list to reduce the spam.

In case you noticed the bots seem unable to solve my security question so far and as long as no one posts the answer anywhere it will stay that way. ;)
That's why I cannot explain it here any further. If anyone one wants to join in as a moderator, let me know and also send a request to info [at] AntsCanada [dot] com. It might take some time but they need to discuss internally. Also that's how I became an Admin. ;)

Sadly the spam has ruined a lot of the forum and I'm sure there are still some accounts being used that were created years ago or where a password was used that is in a security break / leak. You can check yourself here. https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords
AM1C39 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:51 pm
Anyway, more moderators would probably be helpfull, so antsluxembourg does not have to do everything. :lol: I could also take up the position if it is needed.
Feel free to ask for it. ;)
RespectforAnts wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:15 pm
I have had multiple accounts on here but after a while they don´t let me log in so I have to make a new one. This is my third. :x

I'm more than glad if I could help you with this. I think I know the issue. Feel free to tell me the names if you remember and I can look into it.
SYUTEO wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:35 pm
You can write down your password somewhere and keep it safe, if the forum logs you out, you can just refer to the password you wrote down. To avoid mistakes I often write the password on paper first and double check it's correct.
Normally your browser asks if you would like to save it in your browser. ;)
RespectforAnts wrote:
Not all are locked. Just those that were used for the wrong purpose. Like "The AntsCanada Ant Main Forums" It was filled with Ant IDs and topics to ask for advise. We have Sub categories for that to focus and concentrate those topics. I'm not going to clean up tho. ^^
Would be nice to have some helpers / Moderators here. :P

Anything else that I missed? P.S.: I saw this by chance cause I got curious to see if there were any Sugguestions. ^^
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

RespectforAnts

Sun May 14, 2023 7:07 pm

CombinedHalo467, LoverofAnts467 (this one might be wrong it was a year ago and only lasted for a month or so :? ) believe since they were a while ago, the first one I think I was locked out of because the email it was made with changed passwords so it wouldn't let me back in, the second only lasted for a little while and then locked me out for a reason I cannot imagine.
C. Novaeboracensis (my favorite ant
C. Pennsylvannicus x2
Tetramorium Immigrans x2