Spam/adds are getting a bit much

Make your suggestions here.
TalANTFlame

Spam/adds are getting a bit much

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:33 pm

I am sorry about my complaining, but spam has become really common on the forum. It really is a great website, and I absolutely love it, but it needs more support. Both from us, the moderators, and AntsCanada himself. I understand that spam will never be truly gone, but if you could decrease it by just a little bit it would be really appreciated. Thanks for reading this, and once again, I am deeply sorry for my complaining.
Owner of:
x1 Possibly Paratrechina Longicornis :D
x1 Twin Tailed Halfmoon fish
x1 mealworm farm

SYUTEO

Re: Spam/adds are getting a bit much

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:45 pm

I agree, ads and spam are getting more and more common each day on the forum. I really wish that the spam will stop.

AM1C39

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:21 pm

Well we have a new moderator now so maybe it will get better. :)
My current colonies:
-Miniature Military(formica neogagates)
-Black Hearts(crematogaster cerasi)
In search of new camponotus colony
[Have a look at antmaps.org]

AntsLuxembourg

Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:05 am

I try my best and already removed a lot. I speak about banning about 360 user accounts (an estimated amount by the links I safed in my doc) and removing all of their posts. It's crazy seeing the amount of spam and it's a bit hardcore how much there is.

If I get access to the filtering option I will put it in place and have all the spam posts and topics blocked. But I am waiting for the go and access on this. Not blaming anyone of course since it might be a big big decision to take for the people I'm currently in touch with. I don't mind cleaning up the forum but on the long run a filter would be good.
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

terrellgriffin

Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:50 am

TalANTFlame wrote:
I am sorry about my complaining, but spam has become really common on the forum. It really is a great website, and I absolutely love it, but it needs more support. Both from us, the moderators, and AntsCanada himself. I understand that spam will never be truly gone, but if you could decrease it by just a little bit it would be really appreciated. Thanks for reading this, and once again, I am deeply sorry for my complaining.
Spamming is a real issue which every website or platform receives. However, good and able websites have a pre-built spam disabler that helps for a great user experience. However, new websites or platforms where people come to access their queries, spamming is something they have to face a lot. This is in favor of the above complaint which needs to be discussed by AntsCanada. Moreover, we all know that it requires expertise to overcome these issues. But understanding the necessary steps helps to reduce the deficit at least.
I think the platform can remove or even reduce spamming by following such initiatives:
1. There must be a strict way to keep our emails limited to ourselves or the admins must take it up their shoulders to keep this a top secret.
2. The privacy policies must be strict and they must be implemented at all sorts.
3. Offer filters for people that do not want to reveal their contact info.
4. There must be an easy way to report spam messages and the users that send them.
5. Moreover, there is a responsibility on us too to not to follow links inside the spam messages.
Similarly, a strict and definite code must be established to reduce add trafficking as well. the websites become crowded a lot and they hinder easy performance.

AntsLuxembourg

Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:09 am

terrellgriffin wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:50 am
TalANTFlame wrote:
Spamming is a real issue which every website or platform receives. However, good and able websites have a pre-built spam disabler that helps for a great user experience. However, new websites or platforms where people come to access their queries, spamming is something they have to face a lot. This is in favor of the above complaint which needs to be discussed by AntsCanada. Moreover, we all know that it requires expertise to overcome these issues. But understanding the necessary steps helps to reduce the deficit at least.
I think the platform can remove or even reduce spamming by following such initiatives:
1. There must be a strict way to keep our emails limited to ourselves or the admins must take it up their shoulders to keep this a top secret.
2. The privacy policies must be strict and they must be ***** at all sorts.
3. Offer filters for people that do not want to reveal their contact info.
4. There must be an easy way to report spam messages and the users that send them.
5. Moreover, there is a responsibility on us too to not to follow links inside the spam messages.
Similarly, a strict and definite code must be established to reduce add trafficking as well. the websites become crowded a lot and they hinder easy performance.
If I could reach AC, I will let him know right away or propose changes to the forum etc. however it's not easy and I keep asking the Team for updates on another request of mine. ^^'

It's a slow and long lasting process tho.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

AM1C39

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:33 am

AC is gonne and he left us in a hot car.
My current colonies:
-Miniature Military(formica neogagates)
-Black Hearts(crematogaster cerasi)
In search of new camponotus colony
[Have a look at antmaps.org]

Antloverhuman

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:37 am

And our good friend AntsLuxembourg is trying to break the windows so be can escape
Ants I have-
camponotus compressus colony- the shadow warriors.
Pls just let me have a tetramorium colony

SolenopsisKeeper

Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:56 pm

Antloverhuman wrote:
And our good friend AntsLuxembourg is trying to break the windows so be can escape
But they are bulletproof
When you accidentally reply to yourself…

AntsLuxembourg

Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:59 am

SolenopsisKeeper wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:56 pm
Antloverhuman wrote:
But they are bulletproof
Then I will try to punch a hole through the weakest part of the car. The car roof. ;)