Queen identification

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

Omegabeanos

Queen identification

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:12 pm

I found a queen ant who was around 15mm long and was primarily a deepish red color, she was noticeably fuzzy with 1mm long hairs, she was found inside my house at Daniel WY, in the U.S when I picked her up she squeaked, her wings went past her thorax, which seemed to be in segments, there were multiple overlaps on said thorax. I sadly didn’t get any photos but I hope this detail is enough to get an approximate species/genus.

SYUTEO

Re: Queen identification

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:18 pm

Does she look like Manica? If not then Camponotus since those are the only large ants found in WY.

Omegabeanos

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:44 pm

It was a camponotus queen, I greatly appreciate the help and I hope to have and see helpful replies and questions.

terrellgriffin

Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:41 am

Firstly, I am not a professional in ants and their relevant types. However, I know enough to make a perfect purchase. You see, firstly, we observe things around us and develop an instant sensation. In other words, we consider something from our memory, whereas in reality, it is completely different. This also goes the other way when we predict something false while in truth, we are on the correct side. Thus, as you say, you saw the Queen ant, and you have described it as it is. Moreover, you even have had a look at its movements and possibly every inch of detail.
However, I feel you might be pretending your ideas and the memory reel that was playing in your mind too. However, I cannot clearly say that you misunderstood everything. However, if you want to purchase a similar item, I will tell you to try Best Ants from any country. Looking at the reviews, people seem satisfied a lot with their services. Moreover, you can try your guessing on their website too for ordering ants of your choice. There you will find the Queen ants too. However, if you have seen a special kind of ant in your house, I think you will be able to find it on their website too. If not, easily search for some other websites but keep an eye on their reviews as well.

terrellgriffin

Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:27 am

terrellgriffin wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:41 am
Firstly, I am not a professional in ants and their relevant types. However, I know enough to make a perfect purchase. You see, firstly, we observe things around us and develop an instant sensation. In other words, we consider something from our memory, whereas in reality, it is completely different. This also goes the other way when we predict something false while in truth, we are on the correct side. Thus, as you say, you saw the Queen ant, and you have described it as it is. Moreover, you even have had a look at its movements and possibly every inch of detail.
However, I feel you might be pretending your ideas and the memory reel that was playing in your mind too. However, I cannot clearly say that you misunderstood everything. However, if you want to purchase a similar item, I will tell you to try Best Ants from any country. Looking at the reviews, people seem satisfied a lot with their services. Moreover, you can try your guessing on their website too for ordering ants of your choice. There you will find the Queen ants too. However, if you have seen a special kind of ant in your house, I think you will be able to find it on their website too. If not, easily search for some other websites but keep an eye on their reviews as well.
Sorry, by mistake I've answered some else question answer here.
Actually I want to say was:

If you want to buy some ants for your household, it is better to understand where you must buy them. However, I do not reside in the country where you currently live. Nor do I reside in the country from where you are trying to order. But I would suggest how to be smart and clever while making such orders. Whether you want to try a brand in the UK or elsewhere, always try to ensure you have every information regarding the item you want to purchase. This helps in two ways. Firstly, it will make you aware of the item you want to select from the relative website. Secondly, upon delivery, you will easily judge whether it is exactly what you ordered or not.
But my help is in different ways. Whenever I try to purchase abroad, I read the reviews of the relevant website. About Best Ants UK, the reviews seem good and appraising. On review platforms, people have mentioned how their Queen ants were delivered in the perfect packing and the best of the forms. Whereas some people even mentioned that the ant colonies also appear to be perfect without any damage. Ant colonies are small structures to develop the ant community inside them. So the ants can easily go into such structures and make their home.