Suggestion to Change the GAN location Limits

Make your suggestions here.
RyanAl6

Suggestion to Change the GAN location Limits

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:08 am

As a resident of the 3rd smallest state in the US, I’m restricted to a very small area to find people who are selling ants. I find it quite annoying that I’m not allowed to drive 30 minutes to the next state over to pick up ants. I understand that AntsCanada has these rules in place to prevent people from raising any species that aren’t native to their area, but I seriously doubt that the ants 20 miles away in Massachusetts are much different from the ones here. For this reason, I suggest that AntsCanada creates regions in the US(and other countries with states/provinces) where people are allowed to go to get ants. That way, people in small states won’t be limited to ridiculously small regions to find GAN farmers, but we can ensure that nobody raises non native species. For example, New England can be one region since the ecosystem is the same throughout the region, and other states can be grouped to make other regions etc. For example, this is a map of what the US regions could look like based on ecological similarities:

Hawkeye

Re: Suggestion to Change the GAN location Limits

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:24 am

RyanAl6 wrote:
As a resident of the 3rd smallest state in the US, I’m restricted to a very small area to find people who are selling ants. I find it quite annoying that I’m not allowed to drive 30 minutes to the next state over to pick up ants. I understand that AntsCanada has these rules in place to prevent people from raising any species that aren’t native to their area, but I seriously doubt that the ants 20 miles away in Massachusetts are much different from the ones here. For this reason, I suggest that AntsCanada creates regions in the US(and other countries with states/provinces) where people are allowed to go to get ants. That way, people in small states won’t be limited to ridiculously small regions to find GAN farmers, but we can ensure that nobody raises non native species. For example, New England can be one region since the ecosystem is the same throughout the region, and other states can be grouped to make other regions etc. For example, this is a map of what the US regions could look like based on ecological similarities:
Hi there!

I am from the Netherlands so I am not aware of the specific details, but I think there are State Laws in the Unites States which prevent you from tranporting ants across the State barriers. So in other words, it's not up to AC, but your government.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:47 pm

RyanAl6 wrote:

There are not only STATE but also US Government laws prohibiting the transportation of insects across state lines. Each state has their own laws and AntsCanada will obey those laws to the T, meaning that GAN Farmers are State specific to obey the laws. This will not change. Yes it can not be the best thing for some and those that choose to break those laws are subject to the penalties. Also if AntsCanada finds out that a GAN farmer is breaking those laws they will be removed from the GAN project and also reported to the proper authorities.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

CabboAntsGuy

Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:53 am

He had to write that in blue. Must be pretty serious. :shock:
Keep:
3 camponotus pennsylvanicus
2 formica subsericea
The Camponotus Crew! https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15267
Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:52 pm

CabboAntsGuy wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:53 am
He had to write that in blue. Must be pretty serious. :shock:
:lol: ;)
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:

CabboAntsGuy

Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Can I write in Blue? Then I could be serious too.
Keep:
2 formica subsericea
Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:21 pm

CabboAntsGuy wrote:
NO! But you can try green! Maybe Pink? LOL
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin

Hawkeye

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:32 am

MadVampy wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:21 pm
CabboAntsGuy wrote:
NO! But you can try green! Maybe Pink? LOL
How do you change the color of your text then?

CabboAntsGuy

Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:58 am

Like This Lol :lol:
The little water drop next to the word normal up top.
Keep:
2 formica subsericea

Hawkeye

Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:05 am

CabboAntsGuy wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:58 am
Like This Lol :lol:
The little water drop next to the word normal up top.
Hahahaha never saw that somehow!