HELP! ant won't change test tubes!!

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

yankeebotanist

HELP! ant won't change test tubes!!

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:21 pm

I have a tetramorium colonie probably around 20+ ants hard to count them all. Unfortunately their test tube is dry and I have had them connected to another test tube for a while but they don't Wana move at all. Any advice on what to do? Also the cotton is in the way back of their tube so they are really far in there. Should I place a smaller tube in theirs with cotton towards the front of the tube to entice them? Please help this is my fave colonie and don't want them to die.

NZsayde666

Re: HELP! ant won't change test tubes!!

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Try putting a LED light over their tube, but first make the water in the new tube closer to the entrance to enable more water storage.
After that replace the old tube with a sugar water tube if they don't have any yet.

yankeebotanist

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 pm

Ok I'll try that, just dont Wana stress the girls out too much if ya know what I mean. But I'll do that and see how it works.

Thanks!

antlover69420

Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:51 am

I rcommend lighting the tube using LED light that shines brightly that doesnt produce much heat and alsi cover the new test tub with almost anything just make sure its dark.
Just remember ant keeping is all about patients,some times it would take hour or maybe days and sometimes weeks if I would say. :D