is my camponotus queen dead?

Discussions about the care and keeping of ants

Moderator: ooper01

is my camponotus queen dead?

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:22 pm

hello everyone! i’m a really new ant keeper, and the queen is of camponotus irritans. today i woke up to see my queen stuck in honey. i kinda freaked out and gently took the queen out and placed her upright on a leaf. (she was moving) later on, i saw a worker grabbing her antenna and dragging her slowly. i’m not sure if she was moving, but i don’t think she was. i could be wrong. is my queen dead? what should i do? how do i get rid of the honey on her body? please, please help me. i’m really desperate and i love these ants so much. thank you so much i’m advance!!

Leiflen

Re: is my camponotus queen dead?

Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:22 am

If you put her on a leaf in the outworld id say the worker is trying to lead her back home. She'll clean herself along with the her workers.

Re: is my camponotus queen dead?

Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:33 am

Leiflen wrote:
If you put her on a leaf in the outworld id say the worker is trying to lead her back home. She'll clean herself along with the her workers.
Leiflen wrote:
thank you so much for your reply, leiflen! however, i think she’s dead... not sure why because she was alive when i took her out. thanks again!