AntsCanada Forums Post Difficult To Follow - Sorting

Make your suggestions here.
Luke925

AntsCanada Forums Post Difficult To Follow - Sorting

Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:45 am

Hello,

I find the AntsCanada Forums difficult to follow because they are not sorting by date but actually all over the place.

As an example. Please see my image below: (Taken From The Following: Main ACAF List < The AntsCanada Ant Main Forums)

What makes these forums so difficult to follow and I see it all over the place as I navigate from forum to forum is that they are sorted very chaotically.

Most forums I am part of are sorted from the latest post (Newest To Oldest)

AntsCanada Forums seem to have no Rhyme Or Reason to them.

As you can see in the image above, they start out with the following:
  • My Tetramorium Colony - Latest Post: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:15 am (And this isn't even the most recent post)
  • The Nylanderia Fulva problem - Latest Post: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:58 pm
  • The Next Posts Date From 2019 - 2016
  • Even a Post from 2016 Wishing us all Happy Thanksgiving - Happy Thanks Giving From The AntsCanada Ants Forum
  • After you get through all of them, you come to the most recent post from Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:45 pm

So I find myself reading what I think is the most recent post. Then I have to read or skip through posts dating all the way back to 2016 most of which are no longer relevant anymore, or in the case of some, should be moved out of the "Topics" section and over to the "Announcements" section.

Then I get to the most recent post (Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:15 am - Top Topics Post Vs. Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 pm Which is 9 posts down after all the Older 2019 - 2016 Posts)

And this is in all of the Forums. Some worse then others.

I really enjoy the AntsCanada Forums, and the information shared in here is incredible. All I ask is:
  • The forums be cleaned up so that they are sorted for the the most recent posts to the oldest.
  • If something is really important, please move it to the Announcements sections or Pin it.

We can always use the search feature to find specific topics of interest.

Other then that, keep up the great work. These forums are amazing and the information contained within is invaluable.

Thank you,

Luke

antperson24

Re: AntsCanada Forums Post Difficult To Follow - Sorting

Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:45 am

Luke925 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:45 am
Hello,

I find the AntsCanada Forums difficult to follow because they are not sorting by date but actually all over the place.

As an example. Please see my image below: (Taken From The Following: Main ACAF List < The AntsCanada Ant Main Forums)

What makes these forums so difficult to follow and I see it all over the place as I navigate from forum to forum is that they are sorted very chaotically.

Most forums I am part of are sorted from the latest post (Newest To Oldest)

AntsCanada Forums seem to have no Rhyme Or Reason to them.

As you can see in the image above, they start out with the following:
  • My Tetramorium Colony - Latest Post: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:15 am (And this isn't even the most recent post)
  • The Nylanderia Fulva problem - Latest Post: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:58 pm
  • The Next Posts Date From 2019 - 2016
  • Even a Post from 2016 Wishing us all Happy Thanksgiving - Happy Thanks Giving From The AntsCanada Ants Forum
  • After you get through all of them, you come to the most recent post from Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:45 pm

So I find myself reading what I think is the most recent post. Then I have to read or skip through posts dating all the way back to 2016 most of which are no longer relevant anymore, or in the case of some, should be moved out of the "Topics" section and over to the "Announcements" section.

Then I get to the most recent post (Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:15 am - Top Topics Post Vs. Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 pm Which is 9 posts down after all the Older 2019 - 2016 Posts)

And this is in all of the Forums. Some worse then others.

I really enjoy the AntsCanada Forums, and the information shared in here is incredible. All I ask is:
  • The forums be cleaned up so that they are sorted for the the most recent posts to the oldest.
  • If something is really important, please move it to the Announcements sections or Pin it.

We can always use the search feature to find specific topics of interest.

Other then that, keep up the great work. These forums are amazing and the information contained within is invaluable.

Thank you,

Luke
I believe they are now sorted in the way you are suggesting.
Why keep ants that aren't found in your yard?
There are so many fascinating ants right where you live!
I disagree with the keeping/buying of ants that aren't in your area.

Join Ants, Plants, and Myrmecology: https://discord.gg/BeQuNf8yTN